Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dual Monitor!!!

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
I just got a free silver and black Dell 17" Monitor off a mate, and wow, how much does having a dual monitor setup rock? I've been missing out for AGES, man!

Yea,h its ace, as my other monitor is a Proview 17" in silver and black, so it fits in well. :D Ah, all those times I needed two things open at once, both viewable... I need no longer, I can do it!

This is truely ace. Everyone else with a like setup, or those who desire one, discuss just how ace it is.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had such a set up several times in the last 15 years, but its only now becoming afforadble for the home setup.

Personally I find "virtual" desktops offer 90% of the functionality - usually desktop flipping, but desktop panning is also good.

but I agree, for those remaining 10% of cases, multiple desktops are the bees knees.

The most I've had connected to a single system was 3 computer monitors and 3 video monitors. That was a kick-ass system.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Makes 3D moddeling so much easier - images on one screen, moddeling app on other. Plus MSN on one, internet on other is a godly thing.

Often, when I don't need it, i'll turn the other off.

6 screens? You could make one of those flight simulator thingys in it... heh.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My boyfriend has his computers organised like that both at home and at work and he loves it, it makes working so much more managable and you can see all your work at once its a great setup!