Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Pill causes Acne

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive recently changed my brand of pill and have come out in acne on my face ,a bit on my back and on the backs of my arms...i never get spots though so i was wondering if this has happened to any one else ?
By the way ive changed to Logynon pill.

Comments

• Options
    From what?
  • Options
    microgynon 30 or woteva its called
  • Options
    I don't think your pill is causing your spots, it is probably more likely that the pill you were on was calming your spots down and this one isn't. If you don't like it, talk to your GP. :)
  • Options
    The pill that's good for acne is called Dianette. Bumblebee is right that some pills will calm down spots and then when you change you notice the difference. Go back to your GP.
  • Options
    Marvelon is good for calming down spots as well. Microgynon made me come out in acne though, but give it the 3 months trial, things may calm down in that time, but if it's still the same after that then tell them and ask to change to a pill that s good for clearing acne.
  • Options
    Dianette is amazing for spots. Amazing.:thumb:
  • Options
    I take Dianette for acne and it's fantastic.
  • Options
    re: acne

Hi I use aloe vera products, which seem to help my acne, what I have found is the one in health shops don't seem to be that effective compare to the ones I use, which I get online.