Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are your kind of watches?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I consider watches as fully fledged fashion accessories, I have many of them and still I at least buy a new 1 every year
I was wondering what kind of watches do you wear? Slim watches that you barely feel, big watches that cover the whole wrist?

Me I like both, it depends on my mood most of the time. But I like when they got a fashion look! Please feel free to post any pics of watches that you like!

:yippe:

Comments

• Options
    I always buy swatches.
    Im such an 80s chick.
  • Options
    i'm currently rocking this:

diesel_tobar_watch.jpg

it was a present from mr. k for christmas 2003 and i love it.

i love big chunky watches with thick bands, but cause i've got pathetically skinny wrists, they tend to look a bit shit on me. this one is a bit of a compromise :)
  • Options
    I have two watches, one is a Storm watch and one is DKNY, they were both gifts and they are both really cool, but I like to wear gold jewellery and they are both silver, so i don't wear them very often, I would like to have a nice gold watch like this one! Gold Watch I would like it more if it was real gold and not gold plated though!
  • Options
    I love big chunky ones with thick wristbands just like Kaffrin.
  • Options
    I've never been a big watch person really, but my boyfriend bought me this one last Christmas and it's pretty funky.

http://www.wristwatch.com/images/medium/rk2122.jpg

Although I just wear shit £10 ones from argos for work because they always break.
  • Options
    One watch is neon green with Shrek that I got out of a box of cereal like a year ago. The other one has simba and his daddy on it. with just a normal black leather band. THey rock the most.
  • Options
    I don't actually wear a watch anymore, haven't done for a couple of years.

Although I prefer skinnier ones as opposed to the majorly chunky things.
  • Options
    Theres got to be diamonds.

ive got a accurist one..... Accu2

http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/accu2-diamante-clear-large.jpg
  • Options
    I'm quite organised about my watches really now i think about it :chin:

I have a cheapie black leather one for down the stables or sports. I suede strapped thin black one for best and a thin silver linked one for going out. I can't wear big watches, always preferred thin strapped ones.
  • Options
    Diesel watches are my fave, I even got my missus one for Christmas.. I don't tend to wear gold or silver jewellry so I like to have something funky on my arm. Its a green face with dark brown strap :love:
  • Options
    Ih ave a dkny one which my grandparents bought me last christmas. Is very very nice simple and plain, nothing bulky or anything

:)
  • Options
    I bought this on holiday in Greece about 4 years ago. It was stolen, so I went back to Greece and bought the same one again.

I live in that watch. Ilora x
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I own an old Tag given to me by my old man.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I haven't worn a watch since I got my first mobile, but I used to have this really thin swatch because I hated how normal watches caught on the sleeves of my clothes. People thought it wasn't a real watch and it probably looked really girly on me but I don't care because it looked swish.
  • Options
    Oh no dear, they are not diamonds! Do not dirty the name diamond by assoiciating it with poor quality cubics. Auccrist do so many quality watches, and the movments lasts for ages but sometimes they really do lack on the design front.

My watch is an accurist an all, its like a bangle with a lil tiny clock attached to it. I cant wear normal watches cos the closeness of it all makes me itch.
  • Options
    I've got tons of cheapy glam little watches hanging around - theres no point in me spending over a tenner if I'm gonna sit on it within a month.
    However, I love New Look and Claire's watches - I bought one with a thick white leather strap with buckles and a silver and white face and it was soooo bling. I looked lovely with gold bangles etc. Unfortunately, I left it in my pocket and part of the strap mysteriously broke off.

I think expensive watches with a mix of gold and silver are mank, imo. They just look really tacky, especially now you can get an exact copy for a fiver down the market.
  • Options
    I've got 2 rotary watches and an accurist. 2 of them are silver, one being my every day watch and the other being my silver getting dressed up watch, the other is gold and again just gets warn when I'm getting dressed up. All 3 are fairly small light weight watches with oval faces and thin straps.
  • Options
    My boyfriend agrees to buy me a new watch for next christmas (christmas + birthday actually). I like the Accurist watches but as he owns a Tag Heuer I looked at the watches they make and discovered Uma Thurman is their spokesperson (I thought she was only wearing LV ?)

Anyways, she has inspired them a collection of watches in which 2 or 3 pieces are attractive to me:

Whole Uma Thurman collection

There is one that I find particularly nice, the 'monaco purple':

monaco_purple_b.jpg

It's kind of chunky but I like it's vintage touch :love:

Do you agree that this watch is trendy?

Still there's no price on the website and so I don't know how much does it cost..... Anyone has a clue?
  • Options
    I prefer the first one, with the red satin strap and diamond face.
  • Options
    seiko kinetic tht is me all me it works to my bod so it never stops cos i can't. and any one who knows me wil tell u .
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've got a Timex Ironman Indiglo Analog metal thingy, and a Metal Sekonda of somesort.

Can't find them on the interweb, oh well. I wear metal strap analog watches.
  • Options
    I had a Casio one a few years ago...god knows where it is now :chin:
  • Options
    I have a Certina DS master atm

here
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I prefer the first one, with the red satin strap and diamond face.

Yeah but this first one is definitely out of range for me... it must be worth thousands and thousands as there's more than 800 diamonds on it...

For my "X-Bd" present, I think I'd really like a Tag watch because they look good but still I'm not sure maybe I'll find a watch from another brand and really fall for it.

Ideas anyone (and pics!!)?

Is some of you could tell me their experience with the Tag heuer watches (ladies models, of course) that would be much help for making my mind :)
  • Options
    In the last year Ive had 3 playboy watches and all three the links have broken... I like the big chunky watches I bought this one from asos

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=41976
  • Options
    I have a cheapy thin strapped plasticy plain type thing for everyday, then a CK one for other stuff. Its silver and shiny:)
  • Options
    I have two watches. This one (http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/3117758/N/90+4294966487+12/) which was a present from my boyfriend for my 21st (last Feb) and one similar to this (http://www.stormwatches.com/images/watches/womenswatches/bubble_closeview.jpg) which was a Christmas present from my grandparents about four Christmases ago.

I used to wear the steel Storm one every day because I wore mainly silver/white gold jewellery, but from last Christmas onwards, I got into wearing yellow gold jewellery so wanted a gold watch to go with it. I did promise I would only wear the gold one for special occasions but now all my silver/white gold jewellery has steadily been replaced by yellow gold bits, I wear the gold watch all the time!
  • Options
    I have a Nixon Mini GTO. Its quite a chunky skate watch which I love.

Tag Heur watches, are they not mega expensive? Around a grand a piece?
  • Options
    I have a cool seiko kinetic for best. One of the first ones, really simple design with matt silver face and stainless bracelet. I also have an MWC (military watch company) Divers watch. It's plated in an anti-reflective coating, has a screw-down crown and rotating bezel 300m water-resist...this is my everyday watch. Will probably end up with a Rolex Submariner and/or IWC when I'm earning enough to justify.

http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/discountchronographs?imageID=114&op=imgLib-viewImage
  • Options
    http://www.uradofan.is/DZ2046.gif

My Diesel cuff watch :heart: