Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I give up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thats it. Im done searching for a relationship. Im handing in the towel. bye bye...

Comments

• Options
    Love finds you when you least expect it.
  • Options
    I always thought that a relationship usually started when you least expect it not when you go looking for it.
  • Options
    :yes:

I mean, I didn't even want to find love and was very peeved when someone started to show an interest in me...then all of a sudden I was working so incredibly hard to snag him...but I never expected to fall for anyone, and I did when I wasn't looking and hadn't given up.

Is there any pin pointed reason as to why a relationship just isn't happening for you?
  • Options
    I have personally given up several times, but it allways seems to happen
  • Options
    You'll find someone. Like everyone's said you can find love out of no where. Of course your gonna have your ups and downs when trying but hey wouldn't life be boring if everything happened so easily.
  • Options
    If everyone had that attitude, nobody would ever find anyone.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If everyone had that attitude, nobody would ever find anyone.

Hence my singularness!

I give up, I tried, I got ship upon, I gave up. I figure i'll wait until im older and more wordly for this shit.
  • Options
    You cannot "search" for a relationship. Relationships come when you least expect them. Love comes to you.

If that is the case then that would suggest that for every couple one of them has had to instigate proceedings....they are being somewhat active whereas you all are saying finding love is a passive event. :confused:
  • Options
    Thats the problem, you are searching........... there is nothing more off putting than searchers! lol :D

The thing is it is everywhere, u go to a club and its like a meat market these days, even walking down the street, people are shouting remarks or honking there horn! how arrogant do i sound right now! he he :p

Why are people sooooo desperate to be in a relationship, single life is fun and there is a big world out there, we should go out and enjoy it, not just be looking for 'the one' every weekend! jezz!

FYI i wasnt calling you desperate, just talking in general! :wave:

xx
  • Options
    You will end up finding someone... even the most unlikely person, when you least expect it. It does happen. Some people just becoem too fixated on searching for a relationship. You don't 'need' a relationship, it just feels that way. Learn to be happier as you are in yourself, and then you'll find more people will want to be with you :)
  • Options
    if you act all gloomy and omg no one wants me then you won't really be very attractive to people, will you. :no:
  • Options
    if you act all gloomy and omg no one wants me then you won't really be very attractive to people, will you. :no:
    That is true. Not many people was intrested in me because when I was walking around all depressed/upset about not having someone/broken up with ex etc. When I wasn't depressed, when I smiled, when I was happy (even tho I wasn't) and generally made a effort when I went out, I attracted loads of men. It's like, if you walk around all glum then people pick up on it. Sometimes you have to act as if you ARE happy to be noticed/find someone.

Also watch when u do get someone in the end, you'll end up getting more than you want.

[sigh] Its a funny thing.
  • Options
    You wanna give up ... then just do it : give up! It's probably the best thing you can do :) Then someone will come to you naturally !
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't go looking for one and kinda got one..the best things happen when you don't expect it :)
  • Options
    Thats it. Im done searching for a relationship. Im handing in the towel. bye bye...
    How old are you mate?
  • Options
    You're kind of in a situation. If you go out looking for a relationship, people can tell and are more likely to avoid you. If you you are not looking for a relationship, unless you are good looking or have an amazing personality people will avoid going out with you. Obviously I don't know much about you situation but most people find love eventually
  • Options
    Thats very true. With me personally ive found that when ive been looking i never found...then as soon as ya stop looking for potential partners, and just get on with ya life..they soon find their way to you :)
  • Options

Well if you don't succeed after a while it's hard to be very positive and 'omg people want me' because that obviously isn't the case.

Plus, if you give up anyway, then there's no real point in paying attention to what people find attractive.