Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Autumn Winter must haves

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Title says it all really, are there any particular bits of clothing that are going to be hot this winter? I must have about 10 different coats so Im just looking for trousers/tops etc...love gettin paid!

Comments

• Options
    A coat or sweatshirt that keeps you warm in the snow and closed toed shoes. Those are so a must have. I cant wait to hear the horrid ideas of answers :)
  • Options
    Title says it all really, are there any particular bits of clothing that are going to be hot this winter? I must have about 10 different coats so Im just looking for trousers/tops etc...love gettin paid!

skinny jeans, wedge boots, victoriana blouses, chunky knits, baker boy caps, to name but a few. Check out fashion mags and websites that have fashion week on them, style.com - but mostly american. I'm not sure how I feel about this whole russian fur cap look myself...
  • Options
    skinny jeans, wedge boots, victoriana blouses, chunky knits, baker boy caps, to name but a few.

*shudder*

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Personally I love wearing jumpers and short skirts (cord etc) with patterened tights and boots. But I wear that every year... so it isn't really a 'must have' look for me!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Personally I love wearing jumpers and short skirts (cord etc) with patterened tights and boots. But I wear that every year... so it isn't really a 'must have' look for me!

Hehe, me too. Except that have ventured into the world of jeans once again. I own 30 skirts.... think I might have a problem, but you really cant go wrong with a snuggly jumper, a little skirt and nice boots.

I'm not mad keen on most of mainstream fashion, but I say, wear what you feel comfie in, and make it your own, then you won't blend in with the crowd, but know you look cool :)
  • Options
    i'll be wearing stuff that i like, things i feel comfortable in. but that doesn't mean to say i won't look nice, i just won't look the same as every tom dick and harry on the streets.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The nice thing about the 'trends' for this winter is that there are so many of them to choose from, you are bound to find something you like.
  • Options
    This winter's must-haves for me are big knitted jumper dresses, victoriana style boots and velvet, lots of velvet. (not all in the same outfit, mind!)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Jeans, long sleeved Ts, thermal vests. Woolly socks, big boots, hats and scarves.

Im thinking *keeping warm* to be the inspiration for my winter wardrobe.
  • Options
    This winter's must-haves for me are big knitted jumper dresses, victoriana style boots and velvet, lots of velvet. (not all in the same outfit, mind!)

Ilora x

:yes: especially about the velvet, have at least 2 thrifted velvet blazers that I havent worn in an age, and now they're back in fashion! As for the knitted jumpers, have you seen the stripey ones in topshop? I actually quite like them, if it wasnt for the fact that the WHOLE OF LONDON is wearing them, argh. God damn.
  • Options
    :yes: especially about the velvet, have at least 2 thrifted velvet blazers that I havent worn in an age, and now they're back in fashion! As for the knitted jumpers, have you seen the stripey ones in topshop? I actually quite like them, if it wasnt for the fact that the WHOLE OF LONDON is wearing them, argh. God damn.
    Yeah, the jumpers are featured in Vogue this month which is where I get most of my inspiration from.

Ilora x
  • Options
    have to say, i'm loving the scarves that are around at the moment. i love scarves, and usually the selection is a bit limited.
  • Options

The whole of London except Miss Go Away :p
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    The whole of London except Miss Go Away :p

Good choice, high five :yippe: