Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jeans for tall people...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This may have been covered before... but....

I have long since given up the campaign in trying on jeans/trousers in other shops, but have decided to vent anyway. There seems to be a lack of common sense amongst most fashion retailers as to the height or some people and the fact that we also would like jeans and trousers that do not swing around our ankles and do fit properly!!!!!!!! :mad:

I'm 5'11" and my sister is 6". Topshop is the only place that does jeans or trousers in a 36" leg. Which is admittedly a little too long, but a 34" looks ridiculous. Why is this??? Do these people just not realise this?? Or are we going to be forced to pay the earth for jeans from designer brands which often dont fit as nicely as the price tag would indicate?!! ArHHH! sorry. Anger.

lol. On the upside. I bought two pairs of skinny, drainpipe jeans from Topshop on sat, from the Tall section of course, and they fit like an absoloute dream. Revelling in my tallness now, as they look best on long slim legs! :hyper: But still, my anger remains, esp as London's tall section isnt that great, which leaves the others far worse!! Luckily for me, I live here, so I get to go there often and peruse the collection, but still why don't other shops get their acts together and start selling longer jeans and trousers?!!!!! :banghead:

sorry. Rant over. Apologies.

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Have you tried Zara?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Have you tried Zara?

point, their trousers are majorly long, but i don't like their jeans, plus I used to work there, so have a deep set hatred of the store. :yum:
  • Options
    i have a pair of miss sixty jeans and tom wolfe jeans and they're both very long fitting.

by the way, skinny fit jeans also look good on shorter people with nice legs, not just tall people.
  • Options
    by the way, skinny fit jeans also look good on shorter people with nice legs, not just tall people.

I meant more high street stores though, student on a budget.

Anyhoo. I see your point, but from the people I've seen wearing them, taller people generally look better in them, but I'm sure short people can pull them off too. :)
  • Options
    i'm quite short (5ft 4ish) but i have long legs, i hate shopping for jeans because they're always too loose round the bum/thighs or dont fit on the waist... :impissed: do next have a tall section?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i'm quite short (5ft 4ish) but i have long legs, i hate shopping for jeans because they're always too loose round the bum/thighs or dont fit on the waist... :impissed: do next have a tall section?

gah jeans shopping for everyone is a nightmare. Next do to a selection of tall trousers etc, but you have to order them especially. Plus, I'm more of a jeans person, and let's face it, next is geared more towards the granny market!!! :yuck:
  • Options
    gah jeans shopping for everyone is a nightmare. Next do to a selection of tall trousers etc, but you have to order them especially. Plus, I'm more of a jeans person, and let's face it, next is geared more towards the granny market!!! :yuck:
    true, i was just trying to think of a shop that ive seen a tall section in, next tends to be quite smart stuff like fitted trousers and jackets
    i don't shop in places like new look and that so i'm not really sure
  • Options
    lol its cool, it wasnt really a question thing, it was more of a rant. topshop does me fine, plus I more or less live in skirts so its cool. Just annoying that none of the other big retailers aside from topshop seem to acknowledge the lack of recognition for tall people!! ah well. we have other benefits I s'pose!
  • Options
    Yeah Im 5'11 too and have a nightmare getting jeans and trousers!

I need new jeans aswell but am dreadin the mission Il have getting any.... :(
  • Options
    Yeah Im 5'11 too and have a nightmare getting jeans and trousers!

I need new jeans aswell but am dreadin the mission Il have getting any.... :(

:yes: admit defeat and head to topshop. Its either that, or buying them a couple of sizes too big and wearing them really low... but thats not an amazing look.

The skinny fit jeans in the tall section in topshop are cool.

Jeans shopping is a bloody nightmare tho, I feel your pain!! :nervous:
  • Options
    i think a lot of people struggle to get jeans that are the right length/fit for them. i find that a 32" does me perfectly. my tom wolfe jeans were only the same price as topshop and they were from envy (don't forget your student discount..if you have it!).
  • Options
    thats interesting. Lol yes my nus card does me proud, only problem is that it needs to be validated again for my final year, as I dont start back till next week!!! God damn. Yeah its def hard for everyone to get the 'right pair', just tall people have it a whole lot worse because the selection is so much smaller!!!
  • Options
    I feel I have to stick up for short people here... I have to roll up my jeans when I wear trainers or flats (most of the time) because they trail the floor. :(

I am nearly 5'4" (pretty average I reckon) but have short legs. :(
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I feel I have to stick up for short people here... I have to roll up my jeans when I wear trainers or flats (most of the time) because they trail the floor. :(

I am nearly 5'4" (pretty average I reckon) but have short legs. :(

yeh i was just going to say, it's just as hard for tall people as it is for short people.

eta: i'm also 5'4" but luckily have quite long legs!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Have you tried Zara?

hehe, i was going to say that. i always have to hack at least 4 inches off my zara trews.

(no, no shop bought jeans fit me either)