Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, forgive me if this sounds like a problem page in a magazine but i really like this guy that I met while I was away last weekend and I'd like to get to know him better, the only problem is (and here's when it start to sound stupid and lame) we don't go to the same school so I don't really see him to talk to him or anything so I thought I'd ask him if he wanted to meet up or something but what the hell do I say. I know this sounds like a stupid question and your probably thinking that i'm 17 I should know what to do but the truth is I've always been to scared to do it because I know I'm not that nice a person but now i've realised, or tried to tell my self that even people who arn't very nice can be happy, I hope.

Comments

• Options
    Punctuation is your friend, first of all. Try using it, it makes answering a problem an awful lot easier. I think I've got your meaning, but maybe not.

Do you have his number? Then ring him up and see if he fancies going out for a coffee or a meal, or see if he fancies going to the pictures with you. Him being at a different school may well make things easier for you both, to tell the truth- you don't have the annoying people gossiping about you to anyone who will listen.

Ask him out for something, and see where it goes from there. What have you got to lose? You don't have a bloke now, and if you take a risk you could have one after. It might not work, but if you don't take a risk you will never ever know.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Punctuation is your friend, first of all. Try using it, it makes answering a problem an awful lot easier. I think I've got your meaning, but maybe not.

If punctuation is her friend, grammar is yours.

You should try using it instead of unnecessary punctuation.

It might make your sentencing structure a bit better!

The whole point of language is to convey a point, and I think she managed to convey what she wanted to say well, so why make a point out of something irrelevant?

In response to "Oh..." why don't you just send him a text and arrange to meet up with him at the weekend or something? Let him make the decision if he thinks you're nice or not.

The worst critic any person can have, is within their mind.
  • Options
    okay third time lucky to post this:

Generally, people on this site like good punctuation, sentence and paragraph use, and reasonable spelling as well. It tends to be very helpful to the people on this site who has dyslexia and other disabilities, as well as those people who like reading to be easy and not a chore. This is mentioned in TheSite Good Manner's Guide, and people will generally ask others this. Kermit did this in a nice way, so there was no need to bring him up on it.

as for the actual post, im concerned as to why you think that you are not a nice person? I obviously can't judge from this post only, so could you perhaps elaborate for us as to why you think that?

Let the boy decide if he likes you for himself. Do you have his number? get in contact, if you text him and he doesn't reply maybe give him a call, there may be a reason such as lack of credit that he doesn't text back, so don't write it off as he doesn't like you.

if you don't have his number, do you know someone who can get in contact with him? that's your next port of call.
  • Options
    When I was there we talked for ages and got on really well with him, we've spoken and texted each other since. I know this sounds stupid but i'm not really sure what to do.
  • Options
    okay, so first step you're already in contact, and texting each other. What do you talk about? if you're not confident enough to just ask him straight on a date, why not arrange something with a gang of mates but a select few who would leave you two to talk maybe? or find out something he really likes doing and ask him if he wants to go do it...
  • Options
    It tends to be very helpful to the people on this site who has dyslexia and other disabilities, as well as those people who like reading to be easy and not a chore.

I apologise but I posted what I did for the very same above reason,
    she could of had dyslxia and other disabilities.
    :p

• Options
    Loopdaloop wrote:
    of

Have.
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:
    Have.

'of' : she could of overcome them :crazyeyes :)

Anyway, I only brought him up on it as I felt it was a tad unfair on the poor girl.

I neva said i'd b typin' perfect like each day :)
  • Options
    Focus people, focus............ since when was this site a spelling, grammar, verb etc test......?? :chin:

Come on what smart arse is gonna say something about my post now! :flirt:
  • Options
    Nope, it is could HAVE had, the common misconception that it is "of" comes from people mispronouncing could've. check it in a grammar book if you don't believe me!

Anyway, if you think the way Kermit did it that day was unfair, you should see some of the other ways that people have been told to use proper grammar... And there are plenty of people on here who i know have dyslexia and dyspraxia, who purposely make sure that they spend an extra few seconds checking their posts because they appreciate an easy read and therefore appreciate other people doing the same.

Have you been watching the site for a while before you joined? or are you a new comer? cos if you were watching you would have seen this done many times before, by a lot of different people! Kermit wasnt really being nasty or unfair here, as he actually went on to answer her post too.

So do we think Oh.. actually got anywhere?
  • Options
    Have.

Seriously, make sure you yourself are correct before having a rant at someone else's grammar.

It's Have.
  • Options
    drunken nat shudnt do the posting