Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are your fav make up brands?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mine would be: -

Rimmel
Avon

Comments

• Options
    Rimmel, Collection 2000, Barry M
  • Options
    Urban Decay do some lovely stuff, but most of my makeup is from No7.

So yes, No7.

It used to be really crap but in the last 6 months or so I've found myself buying more and more.
  • Options
    17, Rimmel, Miss Sporty - go on the cheapness!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Urban Decay do some lovely stuff, but most of my makeup is from No7.

So yes, No7.

It used to be really crap but in the last 6 months or so I've found myself buying more and more.

i have a few No7 products and I find them good.
  • Options
    I loooove MAC products but theyre so expensive :( And the Ruby and Millie foundation is beautiful, the one where you paint it on :love:
  • Options
    No7 is OK. I buy a lot of collection 2000 cos its such value for money.
    Ive recently bought a couple of Benefit things, and although I really like them, I dont think they were worth the £20 each I paid for them - not even nearly.
  • Options
  • Options
    Benefit are expensive but I love their stuff. Love love love. Especially the Dandelion Powder and the Benetint lip and cheek stain.

I've got the Dr Feelgood and I'm not 100% sure what to do with it, so I use it like a powder and it mops up the shine when I'm out!
  • Options
    mainly No7 cos got really sensitive skin have a few rimmel products and maybelline mascara. used to use body shop but went off it few years back when they changed everythin
  • Options
    I just love makeup pure and simple...my favourite brands are Chanel and Dior...I love them! :heart:
  • Options
    I don't get to buy much as it's pretty expensive, but my favourite brands are MAC, Benefit and NARS.

And I'm saving up for the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. :D
  • Options
    MAC, WSeven, Maxfactor and Barry M.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I don't find cheap make up a problem.
  • Options
    I like Clinique's, Clarins lippy, Lancome are nice too but tbh, I have some Avon and use estee lauder foundation - sounds like a lot of expensive stuff but I've worked on the counters and got in with a sale of the unused tester stock so I have a lot to last me a lifetime.

I do have collection 2000 eye shadows but always have complications with cheaper foundations.
  • Options
    I use a mixture of cheap and more expensive makeup.

Have lots of different stuff. When I went out last night I wore Clinique foundation, Revlon concealer, Natural Collection powder & bronzer, 17 Eye shadow, 17 eyeliner, Hard Candy lip gloss and Urban Decay nail varnish.
  • Options
    Ive recently bought a couple of Benefit things, and although I really like them, I dont think they were worth the £20 each I paid for them - not even nearly.

have to agree on that. i love the packaging, but the products aren't really that amazing. i've got the dandelion powder, but i don't often use if cause my cheapy rimmel one looks so much better.

my favourite brands are bourjois and make-up at tesco. am particularly impressed with the latter in terms of value for money and quality. i have a kohl pencil from there which is hands down the best i've ever used, and it was only something like £3.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    make-up at tesco.
    Barbara Daly. I love her makeup, especially one lipstick called 'innocent' - it's such a sweet baby pink colour.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I use:
    Maybelline mascara
    No7 foundation stuff for under my eyes
    Max Factor cover up
    Rimmel eye liner

All so cheap (with the exception of the No7 stuff) but so good!
  • Options
    rimmel, liz collinge (though i don't think it is sold anymore), bourjois (not sure if i've spelt that right) and urban decay.
  • Options
    the benefit things i got were benetint and dr feelgood.
    id have been pleased with them if they were £5 or £6 but £21 and £19 respectively.... I was expecting more of them for that tbh.
  • Options
    Lancome, Bourjois , Max Factor, Urban Decay, No 7
  • Options
    Mac and Maybelline.
  • Options
    depends what im buying

Eyeshadow/Blush - MAC (and Chanel for eyeshadows)
    Foundation - Chanel
    Concealer - Clinique
    Mascara - Lancome/Dior
    Lip Gloss/Glass - Lancome/MAC
    Eye Liner - Sephora (i cant get it here so my dad gets me one everytime he goes to France or the US)
    Lip Tint - Benefit

I hate using cheap stuff on my skin, it feels all bleurgh :yuck:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I love B Never Too Busy to Be Beautiful, Lush's glam sister. All gorgeous packaging, beautiful rich colours, ethical and lots of fair trade as well...
  • Options
    I use a mixture to be honest. I steer well clear of no. 7 as it just really doesn't agree with my skin. Brought me out in a right rash and the lipsticks made my lips hurt. Same with estee lauder.

I mix 17, body shop, natural collection and collection 2000 but just recently i bought some benefit stuff. I bought the dr. feelgood and one of the foundation playsticks. I love the playstick, they give great coverage but aren't horrible and goopy or thick. I liked the dr. feelgood to begin with but the novelty has gone now and like rainbow i think the stuffs overpriced. Hence the reason i buy it off ebay now :) Just got some of the highbeam stuff and also i'm going to try some of their bad skin treatments. I'll never buy it from the shop again though as i just can't justify the price.
  • Options
    I can't really afford any of the stuff (benefit, clarins, clinique etc) that you lot buy - I get through it too quickly/lose it.
    So I tend to only buy Maybelline and Rimmel. And 17 for eye-pencils, nail varnish, eyeshadow etc. Miss Sporty is great as a last resort. But unfortunately theres not a Superdrug for 18 miles where I live.

I don't really buy high-street brands anyway. I prefer going into pound shops etc to buy things like eyeshadow, lipgloss and bronzer. It's basically the same flippin coloured powder, but for £4 cheaper.
  • Options
    Rimmel, have to agree with that, you can't beat the prices. Collection 2000 eyeshadow is ok but the lipstick is horrible. L'Oreal for Touche Magique, it's brilliant, no more dark circles.
  • Options
    When I have money I am going to buy estee lauder foundation because I had a make up consoltation onces and I loved the foundation they used. I also use some maybelline products.
  • Options
    Sephora's own is really good (not sure if they have Sephora in the Uk though).

Otherwise, Lancome all the way! I love it, especially the mascara range which has my lashes up to the sky.

MAC for matt red lipstick (most other brands' lipsticks don't have a matt finish).
  • Options
    i buy mainly lancome and no. 7 but recently tried maybellines dream matte mousse foundation and I'm loving that too :yes: