Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

??? Info on the Shot ???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, most of you know me as the Lil Girl from the sex forum but now I'm here looking for some big kids to help me out a bit.

My doctor just told me that due to somethings that happened with my mother and my grandmother I can't take the pill any longer, otherwise it's potentially dangerous to my body. I can though, do the shot.

Now, I'm not afraid of needles or anything, don't get me wrong, but I'm not quite sure if I should or not. I don't know how the shot works or how long it lasts or how effective it is.

I don't even know how you know if it's working. Could somebody help me out here eh? It would be really appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

:heart: - Lil Wy

Comments

• Options
    Thankyou so much, that helped alot.

Has anybody been on the shot? What was your experience with it?
  • Options
    This is what I was on http://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/bcdepo.htm the biggest side effect is that i came into is that you shouldn't be on it for long periods of time as it causes bone density loss, which was a problem for me.
  • Options
    mm im not sure the research about bone density loss has been finished yet, i've been on it for nearly 3 years or so now, and whilst it was mentioned to me, noone's said about having a break from it or anything.
  • Options
    I was taken off it after two years. It made me mad because I really liked the convience of it but with my history and poor nutritional intakes they took me off it and had me switch.
  • Options
    LilWy wrote:
    Ok, most of you know me as the Lil Girl from the sex forum but now I'm here looking for some big kids to help me out a bit.

:heart: - Lil Wy

You don't need different usernames for each forum!

You might find talking to someone at Brook or the fpa useful:

Brook Advisory Centres

Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Web: www.brook.org.uk
    Tel: 0800 018 5023

Family Planning Association

Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334

:)
  • Options
    I've not been on it, but my best friend has and never had a problem. However, I know quite a few people who experienced a massive weight gain after being on it a couple of months which they have found impossible to shift. For me that was enough of a scare not to even consider it!!!

I'd do your research and read up on the pro's and con's and make an INFORMED decisions, too many people just blindly do whatever the doctor tells them which isnt necessarily the right thing for them!