Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

loss of appetite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
during the past 3 weeks i have suffered a severe loss of appetite, at the moment i'm not sure what it's down to but i guess its stress. Basically, I've just started college, i do 5 ASs, i work 15 hours a week, im starting a business and im just generally worried about my father who has been told by his doctor that he is obese and my boyfriend, who smokes way too much weed and drinks too much alcohol.
i just don't get hungry anymore, and i can't bring myself to eat much food, even though i know that i should. for example, yesterday i ate a fruit salad and a sandwich and that was enough to fill me for the day. so far today i have been slighlty better, i've had a sandwich, a yoghurt, a packet of crisps, a chocolate bar and a probiotic smoothie (this is the most i've eaten in 3 weeks) but i doubt that i'll eat anything more today. Im a healthy weight for my height (5'2" and 8 1/2 stone), im active as i do about 4 hours of exercise a week and i'm completely happy with my body so i just don't know what is causing this.
i've considered going to the doctor, but i just don't know what he can do for me apart from tell me to eat more, i'm just worrying because i'm starting to feel the effects, as i am starting to suffer from severe headaches and drowsiness during the day. Does anyone have any advice on what i can do, and do you know whether going to the doctor will have any benefits whatsoever?
(sorry it was so long)