Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Doctors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i went to the doctors today about my neck from my car accident months and months ago and i got told if i need the treatment im going to have to sue my best friend !!! has any one else been told this i really couldn't believe it ! is our nation becoming like america ? i hope not ! i thought the nhs was for the nation ? any ways im going for a second opinion as this dr seemed like a din !

Comments

• Options
    If you can pay since when could a dr refuse treatment?
  • Options
    I think you've misunderstood what was said. I'm off work at the moment so I can't enquire for you, but I think you should go back and have the doctor clarify what they meant.
  • Options
    well when you sue your best friend it will be off their insurance if you need treatment and it needs to be done soon then maybe you will have to sue. Discuss with your friend first though as i'm sure you want to stay good friends.
  • Options
    Treatment through the NHS is free. You should check to see if the treatment you need is available through the NHS. If not, you will have to pay.

Perhaps it would be an idea to clarify what you were actually told, because I cannot believe for a miunte that you were refused treatment just because you'd had a car accident...