Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tongue ring problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had my tongue done for over 4 years now. its never caused me problems and I'm always pretty good at keeping it clean. However in the last month or so, twice now there has formed a small but hard and painful lump right by the hole. During that time my tongue gets swollen and very painful to even move. ANybody had this? Any suggestions. I really dont want to get rid of it.

Comments

• Options
    I get it sometimes, and they always seem to go after a while. I get mine right by the hole as well. I don't think it's anything to do with hygiene (im always taking mine out and cleaning it), and for me its cool to do that as I have had mine for 3 years.

There has been instances when it has become quite sore and painful as well but as I say it kinda goes ater a day or so. Sometimes it happens after I play with it a lot or just generally tamper with it. I guess if you get puss or anything then go see someone, but otherwise ill just leave it.
  • Options
    Thanks hun. Yeah mine has gone away after a day also. I just emailed my dad and he said its probably that I got some food stuck in/near the hole and its just reacting to it. It sounds logical
  • Options
    Yeh, possiably. I know how it feels tho, its like quite painful, but it only happens when I play with it lots, then a couple of days after it happens. But the pain is almost bareable so I dont really worry bout it much.
  • Options
    I dunno whether its the same thing but for the first 3 years that I had my nose piercing, occasionally I would get a small lump right next to the hole. Sometimes it was a bit painful and quite red and obvious but it always went after a few days.
    Apparently it is just a reaction to dirt or anything that has irritated the piercing, thats all.
    The best thing for getting rid of mine straight away I found was steroid cream, but obviously you shouldn't really use this in your mouth!