Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The leader of the free world asks permission to go pee

While talk at the UN world summit was focused on terrorism and internal reform, George W Bush appeared to have been caught short.

And, he is said to have turned to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for advice.

"I think I may need a bathroom break? Is this possible?" a Reuters news agency photographer caught him writing in a note to Ms Rice.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4249646.stm

:D:D:D

I don't know what is more worrying: that the leader of the free world needs to ask permission to go to the bathroom, or that he seems to be unsure as to whether he needs a toilet break or not. Most people 'know' when they have to go to the bathroom by the age of 4.

Oh dear dear... :lol:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its excellent that he views going for a piss more important than sitting in a UN meeting.

Good on him!

Hopefully this is just a prelude to him withdrawing all the US funding from the UN.
  • Options
    Maybe he should've put his hand up. Or just sneaked out quietly, without disturbing anyone...
  • Options
    Rather it shows that he's such a spineless infantilised idiot that he needs reassurance and guidance for even the most basic of human tasks.

It also casts further doubt on his mental abilities (which weren't exactly regarded as great so far).

Not very comforting for someone in charge of a nuclear arsenal to be honest.

As for the UN... if only the US were really to withdraw, the organisation and the rest of the world could indeed get on with things. We can only hope...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Rather it shows that he's such a spineless infantilised idiot that he needs reassurance and guidance for even the most basic of human tasks.

I think it's more that he's aware that protocol is important - even if he doesn't know the precise detail for every eventuality.

Me thinks you are a little too jaded in your opinion at times ;)
  • Options
    IF the US withdrew all funding from the UN it would collapse within a day.

Which would be an excellent occurance, as the UN is a useless defunct organisation which has no palce in the modren world.
  • Options
    I'm sure protocol is important... however you would have hoped that the most diplomatically active Head of State in the world, and one who has been in office 6 years already, was familiar with protocol by now.

There are lots of things that could be drawn from the note, and the fact that it was written. :D

Yes, I might be a little jaded when it comes to the chimp... but it's only a reaction to those who still argue to this day that Bush is actually somewhat intelligent. The fact is that if he were any thicker and slow he'd be in an institution.
  • Options
    I don't know about the written message, but is this linked to his press conference suggesting that he was just about to start "the biggest relief effort"?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    the leader of the free world needs to ask permission to go to the bathroom, or that he seems to be unsure as to whether he needs a toilet break or not.

Of course we are only ASSUMING that it was a pee that he needed ... considering that the previous president thought "oral sex" was not "sexual relations", maybe GW was wanting a wank .. ? May have been Condaleeza's perfume perhaps ... ?

What a horrible thought ... chimp-face frantically popping one off while the rest of the world's leaders were deep in discussion over global terrorism etc ... he does have a low attention span, doesn't he?
  • Options
    I don't know about the written message, but is this linked to his press conference suggesting that he was just about to start "the biggest relief effort"?
    :D
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Of course we are only ASSUMING that it was a pee that he needed ... considering that the previous president thought "oral sex" was not "sexual relations", maybe GW was wanting a wank .. ? May have been Condaleeza's perfume perhaps ... ?

What a horrible thought ... chimp-face frantically popping one off while the rest of the world's leaders were deep in discussion over global terrorism etc ... he does have a low attention span, doesn't he?
    Maybe he was thinking of Ann Coulter ;)
  • Options
    i reckon he was coming down and needed a wee ...line.
  • Options
    i reckon he was coming down and needed a wee ...line.

Surely not :eek:

George W. Bush, taking illegal drugs. Never happen :)
  • Options
    Perhaps like Clinton who had a drag but did not inhale, GW put some up his nose but didn't sniff ...
  • Options
    I wonder how many times Aladdin has wanked over this article :yuck:
  • Options
    I think its excellent that he views going for a piss more important than sitting in a UN meeting.

Good on him!

Hopefully this is just a prelude to him withdrawing all the US funding from the UN.

With the contempt the US government seems to show the UN i hardly think it would collapse without US funding, seeing as the funding is based on population size of nations.

Though even though they hate it i cant see them leaving it in the near future.
  • Options
    Probably not as many as you have over the framed photo of David Copeland that sits on your bediside table.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Probably not as many as you have over the framed photo of David Copeland that sits on your bediside table.
    ya barmy bucnch o fuckers!!!
    :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    IF the US withdrew all funding from the UN it would collapse within a day.

Which would be an excellent occurance, as the UN is a useless defunct organisation which has no palce in the modren world.

Why would they withdraw funding from thier lapdog? They control it anyway, what difference does it make? Notice how the US wants to keep good relations with China for now, the UN leave it alone... and attack Cuba, who has far less Human rights violations than China. And hte UN ignoring the fact Guantanamo exists, of course.
  • Options
    the unitdue natinns are owd a billio sqyuids by th usa ,,,
  • Options
    He was screwed both ways wasn't he?

Either he got up and left. Or he asked for a break.

personally I think it shows he's got some basic respect and manners for the procedures of the UN and the leaders there present.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    personally I think it shows he's got some basic respect and manners for the procedures of the UN and the leaders there present.

True.

Or he can't go to the toilet without permission yet. :lol:
  • Options
    seeing as the funding is based on population size of nations.

No, the US provides nearly half of the entire UN budget.
  • Options
    Wrong again, as usual Mat. The US provides 25%, on paper, of the UN budget. That it has also been repeatedly in arears whilst consistently undermining the efforts of the UN through backroom cajoling of other nations and exposed spying (i.e phone tapping) of various delegations only adds to the hypocrisy of its criticisms of UN inefficacy.

The UN can't hold a candle to the decades long corruption and flagrant criminality demonstrated by Washington (and its corporate leeches).
  • Options
    Am I the only one who notices the blindingly obvious? He did not ask if he "could go pee". He wanted to know if it was possible. Two different things.
  • Options
    Shut up slippy. That's grasping at the straws of the meaning and you know it.

However, it is immature to find this funny. I would want to make sure that going to the loo wasn't deemed impolite if I were in an important meeting.
  • Options
    Perhaps in future UN meetings they should just place a bucket beneath his desk.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Shut up slippy. That's grasping at the straws of the meaning and you know it.

What a surprise, a leftist twat who wants to shut some one up because they do not agree with what they have to say.

Is it really not obvious that he wanted to know if it was possible, or acceptable to just walk out? "Is this possible" is different to "can i go pee", as anyone who can read properly will tell you.
  • Options
    Really Born Slippy, you are funny, although I suspect, not deliberatetly. :D
  • Options
    Every other world leader seems to know to go BEFORE the meeting...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4249646.stm

:D:D:D

I don't know what is more worrying: that the leader of the free world needs to ask permission to go to the bathroom, or that he seems to be unsure as to whether he needs a toilet break or not. Most people 'know' when they have to go to the bathroom by the age of 4.

Oh dear dear... :lol:

Aw bless!