Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting Rid of A Vibrator

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to get a new vibrator and get rid of the old one but I don't know what to do with the old one, I feel a bit odd just chucking it away in the normal household rubbish as I keep thinking that someone might find it, like the people that go through rubbish at the dump. But I can't think of any alternatives...has anyone else been in this situation? I don't suppose that there would be anything wrong with someone finding it but I can't help but feel weird at the thought of it...even though I probably would never know! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    What is wrong with your old one?
  • Options
    Its old and the stuff in the centre has shrunk i dunno why but there is now air between the inside pink bit and the outter rubber. I dunno why that happened but it did it about 6months after I got it and was never quite the same again!
  • Options
    Sell it on E-Bay?

Why not just wrap it up and pop it into a doggy-poo dustbin? Noone is going to trawl through that are they?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Donate it to a charity shop.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Sell it on E-Bay?

:yuck:

would you buy a second hand vibrator??!!!!!

:no:
  • Options
    Take it to a rubbish dump. Thats what i did with my old sex toys. Lol well actually after i broke up with my ex a couple im friends with did the deed at about 1am!
  • Options
    put it in a neighbours bin......they'll never know.

Recycle it....?

throw it in a river late at night?
  • Options
    But what if she gets caught doing it?! that could take some explaining!
  • Options
    do it in the dark hours of the morning........

or just keep the thing forever?
  • Options
    i say chuck it out of a car window on the motorway.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    yep....something like that.....
  • Options
    So what if someone trawling through a rubbish tip finds your old vibrator? Geez. Just through it in the bin.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

Hahaha yeah and then it goes through someones windowscreen :lol:

How about just sticking it in yours or your neighbours rubbish, wrap it up in a carrier bag and selotape it or something, or just dump it in a random public litter bin.
  • Options
    How about putting it on the bbq? Or in a bonfire? :chin:
  • Options
    put in a bag and just lob it in a bush along a road sumwher when no1s looking.
  • Options
    how would anyone trace it back to you from a rubbish dump anyway?unless your saying people actually go through the rubbish in your yard in which case id call the police :|
  • Options
    people may well look through larger items at tips, but Im pretty certain that you dont get very many people who scavenge through peoples black bin liners at landfill sites.

Just throw it in the bin.
  • Options
    Actually I think you should go on holiday somewhere and then whilst youre at the airport, put it in one of those amnesty boxes that they have there for people to dispose of their tweezers, nail clippers and other potential terrorist weapons.
  • Options
    just put it in the bin, no one in their right mind is going to rummage in your bin and if they do, it'll serve them right when they see vibrator! and they're hardly going to think omg, that pink angel is a dirty girl. :o

:p
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    So what if someone trawling through a rubbish tip finds your old vibrator?

you know, binmen LIVE for those moments.
  • Options
    ...a vibrator amnesty? lmfao.

"No harm will come to you, leave your vibrator at your local police station in complete anonymity and criminal prosecutionwill be brought against you....do your comunity a favour and get rid of that sex toy"

Lmfao
  • Options
    I had this problem when I couldn't use mine and had to get rid of it. It was that cheapy jelly type that stank of rubber. I was allergic to it.

Anyway, my friend lives in a block of flats and on the ground floor there is a bin room where obviously everyone keeps their wheely bin. He just wrapped it up in a few poly bags and then dumped it at the bottom of one of his neighbours bins. :p
  • Options
    I'd say bury it in a shoe box in the back garden in the middle of the night, in its own little grave. And if anybody sees you, and asks any awkward questions, say you were burying your dead pet rabbit. An old faithful friend. Not far from the truth, eh? :D
  • Options
    Mr_Wobble wrote:
    I'd say bury it in a shoe box in the back garden in the middle of the night, in its own little grave. And if anybody sees you, and asks any awkward questions, say you were burying your dead pet rabbit. An old faithful friend. Not far from the truth, eh? :D

lmfao, i can imagin in say 100 years when an archeologist find it.... wonder what the report would go like / what they would think it is, lol :lol:
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    But what if she gets caught doing it?! that could take some explaining!

It's not difficult. Take it in an Asda carrying bag and chuck it in a public bin on the day to work. It's not like trying to get rid of a gun with the fear of the police finding it and running a ferensic test on it.
  • Options
    Mr_Wobble wrote:

LMAO

:lol:
  • Options
    I've got rid of several vibes when they stop working. I usually wrap it up in several bags and throw it out with the rubbish. Who would be sad enough to trawl through my rubbish to find it?
  • Options
    I didn't need to face this problem with my old one... it got stolen when my mum's house got burgled :nervous:

We put it on the insurance form and I got £54 for it (new for old policy thankfully). My mum had to give a description of it to the police and the insurance company though and the scence of crime police officer found the box and packaging for it in the garden. Dildo has never been found...
  • Options
    Its not as if the person that finds it is going to tell any1, you can imagin the conversation.....
    "Mrs Smith down the road has got a 4 foot long pink flashing dildo!" "ohhhh how did you work that out? "I was going through her rubbish (as you do) and it poked me in the eye"
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I didn't need to face this problem with my old one... it got stolen when my mum's house got burgled :nervous:

We put it on the insurance form and I got £54 for it (new for old policy thankfully). My mum had to give a description of it to the police and the insurance company though and the scence of crime police officer found the box and packaging for it in the garden. Dildo has never been found...
    Haha....respect for that!