Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girl problem AGAIN!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay. Hi.

I met this girl last Friday and we got along well, though nothing so special.
Though I had a strong feeling, she liked me already.

Then on Sunday, we bumped into each other at the gym.
She was shy because it was morning and she wasn’t prepped up, but I said she looked fine.
She said that we should hang out some time so I took her number.
Now this is what I think I did wrong.
I said “what about tonight”.
I think I only said it to see how she would react.
The response was not positive though
She didn’t have her phone so she couldn’t get mine and she said to text her that night and shell say if shed go.
From this response, I thought she wouldn’t go.
So I didn’t bother texting her that night and I slept early and earplugs on.
That night, my friend who is common friends with the girl called but I didn’t answer.

So on Monday I texted her to see what shes up.
I asked how shes doing.
She asked who I was.
I replied.
She was watching a movie, which title she confused with my name the night we met.
I replied saying about another thing that she associated with my name but I didn’t put a follow up question.
Another wrong move I think.
She never replied.
All this took the whole evening.
And all the time she was so slow to reply.
Why?
Why does it take her to reply so long and why did she not follow up the conversation (despite me not having a follow up question)???

So the next day Tuesday, I texted her again and asked how was the movie.
Again it took her ages to reply.
When she did she said she like it and asked if I have seen it.
I replied and asked what she thought of it but she never replied.
Why?
Why?

Is it worth after chasing this girl???
I hate text messages.
I am thinking of calling her today so she can’t escape and ask her out for a coffee or a drink.
Should I?
What have I got to lose right?
But then from the clues I’ve been getting, would I be too imposing if I called her now?
Should I wait a little longer or perhaps wait for her to call me?

Please can someone help?
Can you tell me what you think of the situation and she I should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Text messages can suck.

If you really like her, give her a ring. You have nothing to lose.
  • Options
    It seems to me she might like you but not head over heels about you like...if you ring her and arrange a date maybe it could progress from there.
  • Options
    "She was watching a movie, which title she confused with my name the night we met.
    I replied saying about another thing that she associated with my name but I didn’t put a follow up question.
    Another wrong move I think."

What?! Your English is quite naff, son.

It seems you're reading way too much into this. You JUST met. Phone her up, grow some balls.
  • Options
    You took her number, asked her out on a date, then didnt bother texting her in the end. If she likes you, she will have sat there that night and gone Grr the bastard why hasn't he text me, or got upset and thought oh he doesn't like me really, what's wrong with me.

You then text her the next day, so she will be even more confused going wtf? he's playing it hot and cold with me, thus likely causing her to play it cool. Go ahead and ring her, say sorry about not texting you to go out the other night, either tell her the truth that you werent confident in her enough or make something up, but then ask her out for coffee again.
  • Options
    This is like Craig David's 7 Days... :confused:
  • Options
    thanks you guys.

after speaking to a friend, ive decided to not ring her for now.
    let her wonder why i stopped texting.

im not even sure if i want to start dating anyone.
    perhaps ive gotten used to a bachelor lifestyle.
  • Options
    thanks you guys.

after speaking to a friend, ive decided to not ring her for now.
    let her wonder why i stopped texting.

That's the stupidest idea ever. Well, perhaps not the stupidest, but it's pretty stupid.

You're making quite an assumption that someone you met briefly a few days ago would even care why you stopped texting.

As Becky said, if you want this girl, then grow some balls, ring her, and ask her out properly, and stop prating about with games and texts.
  • Options
    Im confused ??? however one thing that i can say is when a guy has text me in the past and i wasnt really interested, i would take ages to reply and then only really reply not to be rude, think about it, if she liked you she would repond as she would want to get to know you, either that or she is playing it seriously cool.

Sounds a bit silly to be farting around when you have just met though.................
  • Options
    Im confused ??? however one thing that i can say is when a guy has text me in the past and i wasnt really interested, i would take ages to reply and then only really reply not to be rude, think about it, if she liked you she would repond as she would want to get to know you, either that or she is playing it seriously cool.

Sounds a bit silly to be farting around when you have just met though.................
    yeah. thats what ive been thinking.

it was only a brief enfatuation or whatever.

ill flirt with her if we meet again. its better in person i think.

god damn text mesages.
  • Options
    Texts can be very deceiving, especially if you dont know a person that well, sometimes things like sarcasm cant really be displayed in writing, one of my friends always texts me in capital letters and to me that is like she is shouting! its weird, yeah just see what happens when you see her or you could just stalk her! *sarcasm* lol