Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What the fuck is wrong with the US government?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2005/09/09/simon.katrina.new.orleans.forced.evacuations.cnn

http://www.ktvu.com/video/4946889/detail.html

Alright, these people aren't the brightest knives in the drawer, but what gives the government the right to interfere in their lives?

Not content with totally mismanaging the initial disater efforts, they are having a good go at antagonising whoever is left for no good reason that I can see.

I mean these are, by and large, those who had the foresight to stock up, to protect their homes from the worst of the storm. Now they are being forced out by burly strangers with weapons.

Anyone any idea why?

Comments

• Options
    I find it faintly amusing that the first guy in the first clip makes an attempt at grammatical correctness, and gets it wrong.

on topic, I'm not surprised that it was you that started this topic klintock.

ETA: The level of "necessary force" in the second clip I consider excessive.
  • Options
    I don't actually know why they're doing it, other than the fact that perhaps a source of water is polluted?

If the people don't ant to leave then why make them? Aren't adults capable of making their own decisions in life?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    [
    I mean these are, by and large, those who had the foresight to stock up, to protect their homes from the
    ?[/I]
    now if you go into anything goes you will find such people accused of panic buying and being retards!
  • Options
    My only shock is that it took you so long to comment klintock.
  • Options
    My only shock is that it took you so long to comment klintock.

Lol. Just you wait til the next NHS thread!!!
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    What the fuck is wrong with the US government?

how long have you got........? :lol:
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Lol. Just you wait til the next NHS thread!!!

*removes foot from mouth*

I just could believe it took you so long. When I first heard about this a few days ago, my first though was about peronsal responsibility and the right to put yourself in danger.

Then I thought about the right to bear arms and the reasons behind that...