Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Period Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My lovely girlfriend and I enjoy having sex at any time of the month, and were wondering if this is normal? Do any other couples ever have sex between days 27 and 1... or this this completely weird? Are we actually more kinky than we give ourselves credit for...

Comments

• Options
    some people dont, some people it doesn't bother! you certainly arnt weird for doing it!!
  • Options
    no there's nothing wrong with it, personally the idea never appealed to me but my ex bf said he never saw a problem with it.
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's not a turn on for me and I would rather do it when she wasn't on, but I'm not fussed.

Unfortunately my g/f never wants to! This wouldn't be too bad except this means nothing at all, for me or her! :(
  • Options
    There have been a few times that me and my girlfriend have been seriously considering it due to both of us are gagging for it. Generally now when she is on her period we just try and stay out of the house and do things together, It seems to be a better idea for us as no matter what time of the month it is i find it murder to not do something with her.

I think the mess is generally what puts most people off, i would never really push the idea of doing it but if the girl was the one that was hinting toward the idea id give it a bash :razz:
  • Options
    Yeah, a lot of people have sex when the girl is on her period. I think its more weird to be put off just because shes on.

Girls don't always fancy it during their period, but some get very horny at that time cause of the hormones. And orgasms are the best thing to help the cramps, apparently.
  • Options
    it wouldn't appeal to me, but its not weird
  • Options
    Not wierd at all. I've had fellas who hate it, fella's who will but prefer when I aint on and fellas who just don't care, everyone's different, but ya certainly not wierd for it.

Personally dones't bother me one bit...might not do on the 1st couple of days when I'm heavy, but after that I really don't care.
  • Options
    me and my boyfriend do it while im on. i didnt think he'd want to, i thought the mess would put him off, but it doesnt at all. but like Kazbo said, we dont do it the 1st couple of days but days 3 and 4 we will :)
  • Options
    Im not always up for it when im on, but my boyfriends really doesnt mind.
  • Options
    Personally dones't bother me one bit...might not do on the 1st couple of days when I'm heavy, but after that I really don't care.

Same here..I think the first couple of days are probably a bit grim and messy, but once it's lighter...well, it's only another bodily fluid, isn't it?

I don't encorage him to go go down on me when I'm on tho'...I think that would be a tad unfair
  • Options
    Your certainly not different for doing it at that time of the month, personally I couldnt face it as I often feel rather ill tired n not great with mine. But like alot of girls during that time I get completely horny.

I found with my bf the other week it was the ideal chance for me to experiment pleasuring him while he was limited with what he could do to me ... it was great! He found other places on my body that got me extremely turned on and same with him.

But you definately arent the only ones taht do it so dont worry just enjoy it!
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me, and I don't think my boyfriend cares. But tbh, when its really heavy, I'd rather have a tampon up there :yuck:
  • Options
    Never tried it. Is it really messy then?

I would have thought it'd squelch a bit. Bit of a turn off :nervous:
  • Options
    i really couldn't care less about it, she doesnt really like it

like a few other people we usually wait until a few days into it, never any bother!
  • Options
    I did it a couple of times with my ex, I never really saw it as a problem but she didn't like the idea.
  • Options
    I don't mind it. It's a bit messier, but not that different. A little more... juicy as such. No more squelchy than if she were absolutely wet. :naughty:
  • Options
    Used to have sex on my period often but i dont like it to be honest.
    Things changed when i started seeing my new blokey.Sex when im on is a no no and i much prefer it that way.Its too messy for my liking.
  • Options
    The thought of having sex during my period makes me feel sick. :yuck: However as everyone else says, sone people do get horny during their period, i don't though :p
  • Options
    I get unbelievably horny when im on, and I find orgasms are often the only thing that stop the pain of the cramps.
    Luckily, my boyfriend doesnt care about the nastyness, but we do avoid the first day or two, purely cos im embarrassed though. (sometimes a rabbit becomes so handy!!!)
  • Options
    Doesn't bother me, incase you are worried about your sheets just put an old towel down or something, but to be honest i've never noticed any mess really or anything.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, a lot of people have sex when the girl is on her period. I think its more weird to be put off just because shes on.

Girls don't always fancy it during their period, but some get very horny at that time cause of the hormones. And orgasms are the best thing to help the cramps, apparently.
    ^^ What he said.

I didn't have sex whilst on when I first started sleeping with my man but I do nowadays. It never bothered him anyway, just me. But if we are in the mood...
  • Options
    It's evil and wrong and you're going to burn for it.
  • Options
    Not when I'm on but a couple of times when I've had say antibiotics I've had breakthrough bleeding like say the last couple of days and we have-but its icky looking at the gunk when its on him as he pulls out. I just don't look. I've just finished a course so told blokee I still may get some breakthrough and he said cool I wanna rainbow kiss you-I totally don't find that nice and he can bugger off if he tries to kiss me looking like dracula afterwards! (who knows I haven't tried it yet so I may enjoy!)
  • Options
    I have done this once, It was alright but I was far too paranoid about the mess that was happening then to concenrate right! lol The guy I was with never said anything about it though! I'd have to say I prefer to do when I ain't on! :thumb:
  • Options
    It's matter of personal prefrence! Some couples do & some do not. It's for sure there is nothing wrong with this practice. You like it then enjoy it & do not worry about what others think. Better yet if you have concerns talk to her Gyn doctor for information.