Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eyebrow peircings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend reckons that they grow out after a while, that they aren't permanent.

How is this possible? I mean, ok so eyebrow hairs grow, but they eyebrow itself? To be honest I've never noticed my eyebrows growing!

So do they actually grow out?

Also how long do tongue peircings last?

Weird, I would've thought that peircings last until you remove them!

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Eyebrow piercings, like lip piercings grow out because we slowly lose layers of skin, and eventually the eyebrow piercing reaches a point where the is no more skin to keep it in.

As for tounges I think they are permanant.
  • Options
    eyebrow piercings do grow out. it's because it's impossible to pierce them perpendicular to the skin (like you would pierce an earlobe) unless you want metal through your brain, so the 'pinched' skin puts pressure on the piercing and eventually rejects or grows out.

tongues don't generally grow out because they are perpendicular (straight through) so there isn't the same pressure.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    eyebrow piercings do grow out. it's because it's impossible to pierce them perpendicular to the skin (like you would pierce an earlobe) unless you want metal through your brain, so the 'pinched' skin puts pressure on the piercing and eventually rejects or grows out.

ohhh, I've been wondering that for ages. Is it the same with surface piercings?
  • Options
    ohhh, I've been wondering that for ages. Is it the same with surface piercings?

:yes:

it's the same with any piercing that isn't straight through. navels are also buggers for growing out.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    :yes:

it's the same with any piercing that isn't straight through. navels are also buggers for growing out.
    I've had my navel done for about 6 years noq and its not grown out thank goodness, I didn't know they grew out too, I've heard of eyebrows growing out.

Am meant to be going having a surface piercing on my nape on Saturday, not so sure now though apparently they grow out really easily and leave a scar. Hmmm.
  • Options
    an eyebrow piercing is actually a surface piercing

and i suppose the naval is aswell
  • Options
    Ive had my eyebrow done about 5/6 years now and mine hasnt grown out, my mate got hers done the same time and has had it done 3 times since cuz hers kept growing out, shes gave up on it now thou.

My belly button has been pierced bout 7 years and that is still in aswell.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Eyebrow piercings, like lip piercings grow out because we slowly lose layers of skin, and eventually the eyebrow piercing reaches a point where the is no more skin to keep it in.

As for tounges I think they are permanant.
    Well I havent worn my lip one for like 3 yrs now and its still there :|
  • Options
    A piercer told me that about three quarters (75%) of eyebrow piercings will eventually grow out. From people I've known with them, I'd say that was about right. An ex had hers done twice, and it grew out both times.
    They grow out because the brow bone puts pressure on them, and they're pushed through the skin over time.

Navels can also grow out. I've know people who have had to have them redone.
    I've personally had problems with my nipples and migration. I've had them redone twice (both of them), and they've migrated both times (both of them). They're out at the moment,and I'm going to get the redone again later this year. :hyper: