Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

going away

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i wanna go away on november for a weekend away i want to go somewhere in the uk which isnt too expensive has any one got some ideas or some advice plz ? thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Come to Burnley, cheap hotels, cheap food and brilliant nightlife, 4 night clubs (3 till 3am, 1 till 6am) and at least 10 places open till 2am!

other than that, Blackpool is always good, as is Whitley Bay.

Depends what you going for, i only generally go away in the UK if its for football or boozing
  • Options
    What are you after from a weekend away?

If you want really nice scenery and snow and stuff then come to the Lake District, Penrith and Keswick both have some lovely hotels that aren't very expensive when it's off-season (which November is).

If you want a great night out then try Manchester, Leeds, or my favourite Newcastle. Hotels won't cost a fortune, drinks won't cost a fortune, and there is plenty of touristy stuff, especially in Newcastle with the quayside and the coast which is a 20-minute tube ride away.
  • Options
    Devon is always nice, depends where you live really.