Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

And now we have house arrest...

Its interesting how these things seem to slip by, it isnt even the focus of the article (below) but Clarke has approved a Control Order on a UK citizen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4240180.stm

Nice to see that internment for UK nationals is such a big news story isnt it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Like Kermit said a while ago "it's starting".

The people "at the top" aren't idiots, and they know that they are going to need powers like this in the coming decades just to keep some sort of order so us plebs can go on providing them with trinkets and support.

So they are doing it early.

Anyone else think it's strange that a whole raft of prominent labout Mp's and bigwigs have bit the dust in the last year?

Hill walking certainly seems to be akin to formula one for risk if you are an mp.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Hill walking certainly seems to be akin to formula one for risk if you are an mp.

There's only been a single death, or have I missed something?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Nice to see that internment for UK nationals is such a big news story isnt it.

First they came...

This sickens me, but let's be honest apart from posting this link and something in this thread what else are we doing about it...?
  • Options
    This sickens me, but let's be honest apart from posting this link and something in this thread what else are we doing about it...?

I will be raising the issue with my MP (he says slightly pathetically).
  • Options
    There's only been a single death, or have I missed something?

Could be me.

The hill walking thing aside, there has been a lot of premature death in the labour party amongst people in TB's way. John Smith, Kelly, Cook etc

What can you do? Nothing. There are so few weapons in the hands of private citizens that if push ever does come to shove there will be no practical way of resisting. It's why the US constitution allows people to have guns at home - to resist the state is need be.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    What can you do? Nothing. There are so few weapons in the hands of private citizens that if push ever does come to shove there will be no practical way of resisting. It's why the US constitution allows people to have guns at home - to resist the state is need be.

strange but true, theyre allowed the right to arm themselves against the state, not fellow citizens
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The hill walking thing aside, there has been a lot of premature death in the labour party amongst people in TB's way. John Smith, Kelly, Cook etc

Okay, I agree that Kelly was "suspicious" but Smith and Cook? Behave, you're starting to sound like Clandestine

Agreed, and our former US members often mentioned this.

Funnily enough though, they aren't resisting are they ;)
  • Options
    Oh gosh, MoK, god forbid anyone question the possibility of foul play in Cook's death. Just couldn't possibly be any other way than what official "spokesman" have said (despite their not saying much of any substance on the matter).

Seems you regularly demonstrate the very "no other possibility" mentality of which you accuse me. Bravo! :thumb:

Classic!
  • Options
    I got a "d" in one of my assignments at college for predicting Smith's death.

As soon as i saw the media reports of "questions of health" i knew he was dead.

Same as you all know we are going into Iran because of the nuclear gibberish that's been slowly filtered through the media now. Course I know because the marines are getting ready for it. When it happens you will let yourself be pleasantly surprised though you knew it all along.
    Okay, I agree that Kelly was "suspicious" but Smith and Cook? Behave, you're starting to sound like Clandestine

I think Clandestine is righter about a lot of things than can be comfortably admitted by some on these boards. Just like my "there is no country" stuff gets to the heart of stuff that would be rather left alone.

Also, people in the US are resisting. you don't expect to hear about the patriot movement on TV do you though?
  • Options
    Oh gosh, MoK, god forbid anyone question the possibility of foul play in Cook's death. Just couldn't possibly be any other way than what official "spokesman" have said (despite their not saying much of any substance on the matter).

Seems you regularly demonstrate the very "no other possibility" mentality of which you accuse me. Bravo! :thumb:

Erm... had you not jumped to any conclusions but had bothered to ask, you may have found out that I had dismissed the possibility on the basis of the information I have and what I like to think of as "common sense".

Unless you want to add the A&E department/Mortuary/Coroner/Pathologist which treated Mr Cook to your list of co-conspirators...

Just for information, why should any "official" spokesman have much to say?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I got a "d" in one of my assignments at college for predicting Smith's death.

Yes, you and several thousand health professionals.

Believe me, you know that Blair is going to die too, don't you?
    I think Clandestine is righter about a lot of things than can be comfortably admitted by some on these boards.

I don't dispute that he is right about the PNAC benefitting from events, though.
    Also, people in the US are resisting. you don't expect to hear about the patriot movement on TV do you though?

Not very effective though, are they - given the media available to them...
  • Options
    you may have found out that I had dismissed the possibility on the basis of the information I have and what I like to think of as "common sense".

And I do no less when it comes to geo-political agendas and false flag "terrorist" events that clearly and directly advance those agendas.

As for the "sources" you sight, are these not "official" sources? Have you some privvy access to their reports or just going by whatever snippets the press might have run on the matter?

Whats more interesting is how soon after the very coroner in question, if I'm not mistaken, was smeared in the press relating to some other case he worked on. No possible attempt to discredit a potential future whistleblower?

There's some questions for you. ;)
  • Options
    Wait a minute, am I following this, are you suggesting that Cook was murdered? How? and more to the point why?
  • Options
    I don't dispute that he is right about the PNAC benefitting from events, though.

Amazingly cooperative then of those foreign terrorists to keep advancing their agenda which called for just these very sorts of events more than 10 years prior to their occurrence as an impetus for ramping up their aspirations for renewed ME domination, resource control and the institution of increasing police state controls on the domestic front.

Yep, common sense surely dictates that those who have suffered under our imperialistic machinations in their region for generations would so readily assist those whose declared intent is to pursue a "war which will not end in our lifetimes" against their nations and peoples.

Nevermind that our own govts and their agencies possess the means, motive and opportunity via the most sophisticated MIC/Intelligence community infrastructure in the world to perpetrate these acts themselves. Somehow what 19 hijackers can manage to conspire to pull off, its beyond reason that such a small number or even less within the US power structure could do so and cover it up. Pure genius!

Yes, talk to me about your common sense. lol.

But again I digress from the thread and for that I apologise. Enough said.
  • Options
    I merely concurred with the suggestion raised by klintock that the timing of these deaths could raise some interesting suspicions as to their nature.
  • Options
    Yes, you and several thousand health professionals.

Nah, they had given him a (more or less) clean bill of health following his 98 attack. He had shifted a load of weight etc etc. Then dead.
    Believe me, you know that Blair is going to die too, don't you?

Yeah, yeah - could someone tell him that though, he batters on like he's immortal.

Yeah fair enough. Too many ignore throw the baby out with the bathwater on that one though.
    Not very effective though, are they - given the media available to them...

They don't get ON the media, that's the whole point. Unless you count public access TV and the mini-internet radio stuff they use. Ever hear of Joe Bannister?

"Ex-IRS man proves in court that there is no income tax liability in the US" is just one of the headline's that you won't have seen.

Oh and Robin Cook died of a broken neck. Officially denied of course.
  • Options
    Surely it be easier to just fund and then get really angry groups who already want to do us harm (see funding to Afghanistan).
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Nah, they had given him a (more or less) clean bill of health following his 98 attack. He had shifted a load of weight etc etc. Then dead.

Ah, "more or less" is important there. If you have had one heart attack, then the chances of another are very high - plus the other complication associate with heart failure...
    They don't get ON the media, that's the whole point. Unless you count public access TV and the mini-internet radio stuff they use.

That's what I mean, other media is available apart from the mainstream TV channels.
    Ever hear of Joe Bannister?

Nope, guess I need to Google him...
    Oh and Robin Cook died of a broken neck. Officially denied of course.

You'd be surprised how often it isn't the heart attack which kills, but the fall...
  • Options
    Surely it be easier to just fund and then get really angry groups who already want to do us harm (see funding to Afghanistan).

More danger lies that way. It's one thing to do deals with a highly visible dictator, it's quite another to tool up anonymous bods with weapons and equipment and let them loose.

Which is, interestingly enough, the official line on Al Q.
  • Options
    If he was by himself I'd think there might be something in it, but his wife was right there, was she in on it?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    was she in on it?

Of course not. You know our intelligence services... they have this wonder drug which the administer to someone without them noticing and it is timed perfectly to kill at a time convenient for their masters...

;)
  • Options
    In the same spirit of supposition then (interesting exercise actually), if it was just a simple repeat heart attack, wouldn't she (like any spouse actually) have noted his sudden attack and rushed to hold him and ease him to the ground?

Did she just stand by and watch him (avid and experienced hiker that he was) just fall off a cliff and break his neck?

IF foul play was involved, how plausible might it be that she, just having witnessed the ease with which her husband was offed, would take seriously a similar threat against her life if she opened her mouth. Notwithstanding how easily the likely smear of "Bereaved and distraught MP's wife claims foul play" could be engineered to discredit her if she did. Not like she would have any documented evidence to prove her assertion or to be able to finger precisely whom it was that gave the order in the first place.

Disposing of popular opponents is certainly nothing new. Neither is the art of coverup.

Either way, one couldn't make any case against the official proclamation without firsthand witness of the autopsy itself.

Its just another curious event in a succession of such.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    More danger lies that way. It's one thing to do deals with a highly visible dictator, it's quite another to tool up anonymous bods with weapons and equipment and let them loose.

Which is, interestingly enough, the official line on Al Q.

That seems like the ideal situation if you ask me (given what you say the security services want) lots of armed wierdo's tooling about. That gives you a real threat you can chase and because of that big funding and big new shiney laws to play with.
  • Options
    Which again makes our own leaders/agencies directly complicit in the resultant events and thus traitorous.
  • Options
    In the same spirit of supposition then (interesting exercise actually), if it was just a simple repeat heart attack, wouldn't she (like any spouse actually) have noted his sudden attack and rushed to hold him and ease him to the ground?

Did she just stand by and watch him (avid and experienced hiker that he was) just fall off a cliff and break his neck?

Spoken like someone who hasn't seen an attack happen - or without any medical knowledge. It's not always a gradual thing you know... perhaps you should just look at Mark Vivien Foe to see how quickly a heart problem can affect someone
    Either way, one couldn't make any case against the official proclamation without firsthand witness of the autopsy itself.

Which could be fabricated anyway, you forget that.

The only way you can have any confidence is to have performed it yourself.
    Its just another curious event in a succession of such.

Not really. Famous people do die naturally you know :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Which again makes our own leaders/agencies directly complicit in the resultant events and thus traitorous.

Could make, just me saying it doesnt make any of it true, its just possible.
  • Options
    Indeed they do. Foul play also happens too, and more than youd obviously like to believe when it comes to the interests of governments or corporations. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Indeed they do. Foul play also happens too, and more than you'd obviously like to believe when it comes to the interests of governments or corporations. :rolleyes:

You have this way, as I have said before which gets you disliked. My position has always been that we dont know, we dont know that Mosad did it anymore than we know Al Queda did it.

I do however think it far more likely that the security services just prod things in the right direction rather than do it themselves. Why do it when you can farm it out?

And of course its more than I'd like to believe, I assume its more than you'd like to believe too. Unless of course you are truely cynical about the World and human nature.
  • Options
    Indeed bb, unlike our leaders who do expect the public to accept that whatever they declare is truth simply because they declare it so.

What matters is the effort to dig in and examine the glaring implausibilities in the coverstories, which many have spent the past years doing.

Not, of course, to argue that this relates to the recent sidetrack into Cook's death or the official explanation thereof.
  • Options
    What matters is the effort to dig in and examine the glaring implausibilities in the coverstories, which many have spent the past years doing.

Your problem is that you don't apply the same standard of examination to your pet theories about Mossad wot dun it.

I've read both and analysed both, and it is far more plausible that we have Agents Provocateur that get others to do the donkey work than it is that MI6 and Mossad blew up the bus.

If you agree that the Western leaders are capable of killing for their own ends, why do you then dispute that Eastern and Arabic leaders are just as capable as killing for their own ends?