Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MPH Ad's Banned

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    We have tight rules on political broadcasts for good reason (see US in run up to election) and I am thankful for them. However this is obviously a good cause and its unfortunate that it might be banned. Are they appealing?

(also on a side note, am I the only one who finds this style of thread a little annoying, no real note as to what its about, no opinion, not really anything)
  • Options
    No they aren't appealing because even though the ad's were not party political they say that clearly children dying is a political issue it is obviously an issue which politicians have to deal with.

Ofcom didn't receive any complaits about the advert................
  • Options
    Well, after blowing London up to distract from G8, they are hardly going to let some do-gooder celebrities put it back in the public eye now are they?

On that basis, everything is a political issue and there should be NO adverts. Which is fine by me, thinking about it.
  • Options
    Perhaps they should just change the advert so that it asks for funds... that way they can advertise just like cancer research etc do...
  • Options
    The whole point of the campaign though is about political change not just people giving the odd pound here and there - also you have no idea how much of a bitch fight it would cause over who got the money.

Bong sorry didnt' put any annalysis - I was too buzy eating cake
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Bong sorry didnt' put any annalysis - I was too buzy eating cake

Thats ok, its just I didnt even know what MPH was until I clicked on the link. Both Kermit and GWST do this too, and I loath them both for it.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    The whole point of the campaign though is about political change not just people giving the odd pound here and there - also you have no idea how much of a bitch fight it would cause over who got the money.

I know. However, to get around the rules it would be worth finding a way to address this, even if the suggestion is donations to DEC or something...