Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

an early period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im not due to take my 7 day break of my pill til a week tomo, and when i do, i usually come on on the friday. however, friday just gone i came on!!
this happened last month. ive been ill recently (not sick or diarrhoea tho, so wont have effected my pill), feeling nauseous, so could this have caused it??
i cant get a doctors appointment for 4 days yet+our doctors are horrible anyway, so would it be save to treat this as my 7 day break, then on tomo nite start a brand new pill packet? Will that sort my body out?
Also, another thing is that ive had no irritability, stomach ache, or mood swings that i normally get 2 to 3 days before my period - is this connected to my early cycle???
Thanx

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing you take the combined pill, no its not normal to bleed early, see your gp. Any chance of being pregnant?
  • Options
    no, i was tested 2 months ago for this+it was negative, and i havent had sex since :(
  • Options
    i suggest youi go see you doc still, you shouldnt be bleeding early.
  • Options
    im in exactly the same position. I havent even finished taking the whole of the pack, and Im already bleeding. I've ran packs together loads of times before, although normally only 2 packs, but I've ran 3 packs together this time. Could it just be cos ive taken an extra pack, without a break??
  • Options
    might just be a bit of spotting. no need to be overly concerned i shouldn't think. though if you're worried, go and see your gp.
  • Options
    might just be a bit of spotting. no need to be overly concerned i shouldn't think. though if you're worried, go and see your gp.

different pill but when on the mini pill i was spotting & told it was a sign it wasn't working properly so its worth asking a professional.
  • Options
    it isnt spotting, its a proper period, and i havnt ran any packs together!
  • Options

AS i have already said numerous times, you should see you gp about it as they advise when bleeding when you shouldn't be.
    Your choice if you follow that advice.
  • Options

well in that case use your noggin and go and see your GP.
  • Options
    You could also get advice by ringing one of these helplines:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Web: www.brook.org.uk
    Tel: 0800 018 5023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334

:)
  • Options
    dont worry people, i am going to see my docotr. i have rung up every morning at 8am since i made this thread+its always engaged+by time i get through all the appointments are taken!
    Our doctor is crap!
    spanner, thanx, il ring them both tomo
  • Options
    I ran 3 packs together because I went to India and my when I got bck home my period came a week early and lasted for a week and a half rather than 4 days.... I half expected it though.
  • Options
    ive only just started taking the pill

hi ive only just started taking the pill on the first day of my period which was on 28 oct 05 and im still bleeding really heavy now so can you please tell me if this is normal im on microgynon 30 thanks