Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Straight from the horse's mouth: "civil liberties may have to be eroded"....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story.

Well, now they're not even trying to hide it anymore, doesn't get much more blatant than this tbh.........what is everyone's view?.......the reasoning given is that the world has changed, somehow overnight, to the point where our liberties have to be curtailed for our own protection.........i'll be honest i find this scary, more scary than the idea of a suicide bomber when i'm riding around the LU, that's for sure.........

You have to laugh (or cry) when the head of MI5 says "intelligence often does not amount to clear evidence"..........lol no shit sherlock that's why they couldnt stop 7/7, but they managed to take an innocent brazilian out........i really don't see how they can scare everyone into submission, i live in london and i really don't give a shit about the terrorists, because the threat is miniscule, i've had more close shaves on the bike..........so why all the hype?.......

Comments

• Options
    The scariest paret is that there doesn't appear to have been an outcry. It's almost as if she hadn't uttered a word...
  • Options
    Instead of removing civil liberties, why don't we look at what our country is doing to cause people to attack us and fix that?

If our problem were civil liberties then countries like Denmark, Australia and New Zealand would be attacked.
  • Options
    The scariest paret is that there doesn't appear to have been an outcry. It's almost as if she hadn't uttered a word...

indeed...........are we really that apathetic as a nation? i'm willing to bet in the papers and on the telly there will be no substantial criticism of a statement with such potentially grave consequences, the media is supposed to be the pillar of democracy, no longer it seems.........i think people have forgotten that you have to continually fight to uphold certain values, just because you establish rights one day doesn't guarantee their existence the next.........i'm wondering how bad will it have to get before people sit up and go, oh fuck what's happened...? i think i can safely say i won't be planning a long term future in this country........
  • Options
    If our problem were civil liberties then countries like Denmark, Australia and New Zealand would be attacked.

And ain't that the fucking truth.

But all the mongs who vote in this country will still swallow this bullshit. Right up until MI5 are attaching the electrodes to their seven-year-old daughter's vagina.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, we are becoming more like the US. Im sure Bush has control over Blair now.

Feck. We all know this won't be used for anything good anyway. Ah well... Let's have a toast towards the police state we are heading towards with every step.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Feck. We all know this won't be used for anything good anyway. Ah well... Let's have a toast towards the police state we are heading towards with every step.
    cheers :impissed:

fucking MI5, I hope you guys don't take this shit laying down like we did.
  • Options
    We are British! We'll sit back and have tea instead of acting. Pfft, you expect us to do something? :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    We are British! We'll sit back and have tea instead of acting. Pfft, you expect us to do something? :lol:
    Yeah man I expect a full scale riot! Go start getting organized damn it!
  • Options
    Interesting, Kermy, how you will readily suggest that MI5 would be applying electric shock torture to UK children and yet call me a conspiracy nut for pointing out the ever increasingly plausible fabrication by the same (and/or easily by CIA assets/agents in the UK) of the London tube bombings and other false flag events readily blamed on the Al Qaeda boogeymen (or supposed factions thereof).

Not like the agenda being steadily realised is so hard to fathom.

Oh well.
  • Options
    I never said they couldn't, I said they didn't.

*sigh*
  • Options
    You are called a conspiracy nut because you will not accept any other possibility. By you own admission, you will only accept that this whole thing is a PNAC driven campaign, instead of seeing that actually they might just be using someone else's actions to their own end rather than being the perps.

Worth noting that PNAC actions are used by Islamic extremists to further their causes, and unless you are claiming that the two are in collusion...
  • Options
    No, he thinks the Islamic extremists don't exist, and it's all controlled by a man in a high-backed leather chair stroking a white cat.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    No, he thinks the Islamic extremists don't exist, and it's all controlled by a man in a high-backed leather chair stroking a white cat.

of course he exists though but how can he push all the buttenons whilst stroking it and doing this...

evilgreyb.jpg
  • Options
    goodbye ...

blue skies ...
  • Options
    Yeah man I expect a full scale riot! Go start getting organized damn it!

College... Tomorow... I print off flyers. Time to distribute stuff kiddies!

Anyone care to help the Revolution? Funding to the usual account please...
  • Options
    Fucking hell. :impissed:

How does it go again?

Oh! Canada!!

etc.

Or tie me kangaroo down sport or waltzing matilda or whatever it is.

Can you tell what it is yet?

It's a good reason to change location. Perhaps the insane 'crats of other locations will be less psychotic or less persistent there.
  • Options
    I love how brazen the folks in your secret police are. Over here they at least were descrete enough to prentend that the laws "would only effect those mean mean scary people that want you dead".
  • Options
    one day ...your all going to feel realy foolish when clan proves to be right as i believe he will.
    no matter how mant times the pnac agenda as written and published over the last 25 years is presented to you ...you still sleep.

the west is about to plunge into an economic meltdown ...the leaders know it ...they must have control ...there is no way at all we can challenge the explosion of asian capitalism ...without bullets and imprisonments.

the minimum wage will go ...most if not all benefits will go.
    we have a serious pensions crisis looming.

the writting is on the wall for all to see but ...most people sleep walk on.
  • Options
    the writting is on the wall for all to see but ...most people sleep walk on.

I can see it going back the way it was.

Nobles at the "top", most men working in fields all that shit. I think they can too and they are getting ready for it.

I agree that clan is right about where all this is going and who is sending it that way. The sticking point that is proof of who did what is being used to avoid certain truths about how "our leaders" really conduct themselves.
  • Options
    any bets?

one of the biggest investments this country will make over the coming years ...in its desperate backward industrial panic is ...

the reopening of the coal mines.
  • Options
    You are called a conspiracy nut because you will not accept any other possibility

Yet with your every response, you demonstrate precisely the same. Incapability of acknowledging what even the documentary The Power of Nightmares had the honesty to address.

Obviously its easier to believe the myth and mock any suggestion that those benefitting most are the foremost of suspects and should be investigated to the fullest extent. Too much civic duty required obviously for the sheeple to bother calling for.

So, let the police state continue to entrench itself. Keep peering behind every tree for those Al qaeda boogeymen whose photos they so readily circulate for public consumption. Who needs any concrete evidence when handy pasports and korans and bomb instructions are reported as found so quickly right at the scene or just nearby. What incredible and believable investigatory work!

Ill gladly accept whatever derisive label you wish to ascribe to me. With repeated historical demonstration of just how often the majority were the ones believing the lies and propaganda, I'll err on the side of my longtime research into the subject, thanks.
  • Options
    If the world economy collapses...will there be any survivors or benefactors? Surely there'll be none whne we rape and loot the world dry!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    If the world economy collapses...will there be any survivors or benefactors? Surely there'll be none whne we rape and loot the world dry!

I'll benefit. It takes one person then, to form an organised group... enforce their own laws, take power...

And you have the new world leader. I intend to grasp power at precisley that point. :yes:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    watching northen ireland on the news shows what grown men can do to each other in the name of what ...for what cause?

i didn't mention world economic collapse ...just a change in the order of things ...as happens time and again through history ...but still most eyes stay tightly closed.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I'll benefit. It takes one person then, to form an organised group... enforce their own laws, take power...

And you have the new world leader. I intend to grasp power at precisley that point. :yes:
    so your the next king of braintree?
  • Options
    I intend to take more than Braintree. Aim high, who knows how long we have left?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I intend to take more than Braintree. Aim high, who knows how long we have left?
    well your going to need a lot of bullets and much violence about you cos guess what?

only the meanest and nastiest ...will make it to the top of a shitty pile.
  • Options
    Damn. See, that's where the funding comes in. To get that i'll need to distribute more propaganda and get support.

Either that, or join someone elses organisation... Or move to somewhere else.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Or move to somewhere else.
    that sounds best ...china or india i'm thinking.
  • Options
    that sounds best ...china or india i'm thinking.
    I wouldn't go to china...India is probably his best bet.