Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dumped by best friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was meant to be going away with my best friend, flying Monday am. Suddenly, last night, I got a text saying he's not coming with no explanation. I can't find anyone to take his ticket (God bless easyJet and transferable tickets!) but more to the point I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach I feel dreadful.

Some friend.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that. Where are you off to?
  • Options
    Can you not get hold of him and find out what's happening... seems very odd for it to have been for no reason...
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    I was meant to be going away with my best friend, flying Monday am. Suddenly, last night, I got a text saying he's not coming with no explanation. I can't find anyone to take his ticket (God bless easyJet and transferable tickets!) but more to the point I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach I feel dreadful.

Some friend.

there will be a reason. its just for whatever reason he hasn't told you. i think you need to talk to him and find out what is going on for him atm. don't let your feelings get to you until you've been given an answer as to why?!
  • Options
    He won't tell me. It's going to be something stupid like he "doesn't trust himself"... God knows.

We were meant to be off to Prague. No one else can come and I'm too scared to go alone.
  • Options
    :(

Can you not try and sell the tickets to anyone else, like the pair of them?

That sucks that he let you down. I'm sure there must be a genuine reason for him to bail on you like that.
  • Options
    No. I'm not going. And it's because he broke up with his boyfriend. Some reason.
  • Options
    Hrm... maybe your friend is hurting a lot and needs time to sort his head out?

I have no idea on this one...
  • Options
    Or maybe he's a wanker. :banghead:
    I'm trying soooooooo hard to live with him doing nothing all week and not get mad.
  • Options
    Ah he's pulling off the whole sympathy thing?

Talk to him
  • Options
    Ah he's pulling off the whole sympathy thing?

Talk to him
    Not even going for sympathy, and he won't be talked to. I had a complete breakdown this weekend, I could barely do anything, and he doesn't care.
  • Options
    He might change his mind....he's got a few days yet
  • Options
    sorry to hear that piccolo. It is nasty being let down like that by a friend. Its a shame you didnt still go.