Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnancy or paranoia?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everybody,
I feel really silly about this but I'll put it out there anyway because I'm going mad with worry.
Just a little over a month ago my boyfriend dumped me when i was off my face, I got really mad and I don't really remember much else of the night. Except later I went back and slept with him (I know, I know, I know).
I've been on the pill for almost a year now because I am terribly paranoid about pregnancy etc because 2 and a half years ago I got pregnant and had to have an abortion (with the same guy may I add).

Anyway, I came out to Thailand a few days after continued to take my pill for another week but then my parents housekeeper moved my pill packet and I couldn't find it, so I opened another one and took one week of that thinking I had already done two weeks. But three days after I stopped taking my pill I found the packet and realised that I'd only been a week into it. However it was a second packet running because my doctor said it would help my period pains. I took all the late pills at once and came on period the next day. It lasted until the day I was due to start taking my pill again.

I've also had a few problems with my stomach out here due to the different water etc and all of a sudden today I started retching and feeling nasceuous. I also started getting sort of crampy pains just below my belly button and feeling bloated. I've also been suffering from mood swings.
It feels almost the exact same as last time. And I'm terrified.

I've thought about all the different factors, different climate, stress, etc but deep down I'm terrified I'm going to have the same thing happen again.

I know I have to do a pregnancy test but I remember the doctor saying that sometimes the hormones in your body from contraception can screw with the tests and maybe I should wait the week to go home and go to the local sexual health clinic with a proffesional instead of a little stick.

The only person I want to talk to is my ex-bf. We're kind of on speaking terms, but I'm scared if I tell him my worries he'll think that I'm just doing it as a ploy to get back. Which is ridiculous because why in the hell would I put myself through such suffering again to get him back?

Any ideas or words of encouragment would be appreciated.
Thanks
XXX

Comments

• Options
    The only person I want to talk to is my ex-bf. We're kind of on speaking terms, but I'm scared if I tell him my worries he'll think that I'm just doing it as a ploy to get back. Which is ridiculous because why in the hell would I put myself through such suffering again to get him back?
    do you have to tell him before you know for sure.
    do the test first. you've got to do the test to know for sure either way.
    if it is positive, you can think about telling him then, if you want to.
  • Options
    Yeah sounds like a plan. I've got myself so worked up over this in the space of a couple of days. I'm just so paranoid. When we got back together I wouldn't even us be naked at the same time unless I was several feet away and would only get close after he'd put the condom on then it was like proper precision and stuff to keep it as far away as possible. And even then I'd still worry lol
  • Options
    I took all the late pills at once

this part worries me
  • Options
    I was thinking i might be pregnant the other day as I came out with really itchy skin and sore boobs which is exactly what I had when I was pregnant. Its gone away now though.
    Remember that most of the signs of pregnancy can be brought on by your own hormones anyway, and expecially if youre on a hormonal contraceptive like the pill.
    That doesnt mean you shouldnt get a test if you think you might be at risk.
  • Options
    There were 2 late ones and my one for that day. These symptoms have only popped up in the last couple of days and i had a period for like...a week and a half. It's just I have a friend that had the same thing happen to her, she had a period but she was still pregnant.
  • Options
    Yeah I had a double whammy when it happened to me. I had the injection and condoms, the condom split so I thought well it's ok because i've got the injection...and whoops.

I'm very suspicious about all contraception...
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. The reason i'm so worried is more about the night it happened, I had nothing to eat drank a bottle of vodka and can't remember much. So thus I don't know if I puked or not...then I made that silly mistake...silly cow. You'd think I'd have learnt my lesson by now *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    I keep going paranoid then thinking how silly I am. I have had other pregnancy scares but there wasn't the nausea evidence and the feeling of bloatedness and stuff.....so dunno....i can't go yet. It's too early here in thailand to go to the chemist. I'll have to stew for a while
  • Options
    There were 2 late ones and my one for that day. These symptoms have only popped up in the last couple of days and i had a period for like...a week and a half. It's just I have a friend that had the same thing happen to her, she had a period but she was still pregnant.

This could quite easily have messed your body up. As for seeing a professional, the tests now are as acurate as a doctors one/.
  • Options
    Taking pill packets back-to-back can cause mood swings so that could explain that.
    Like the others have said, the symptoms you are having could be caused by a number of things. Best to try and relax and take a test on your return.
    In the meantime - these articles might help you a bit:

Missing the combined pill

Missing the progectogen-only pill

(Not sure which one you're on).

You could always contact the fpa for some advice, too:

Family Planning Association
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334

Take care ;)
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    I bought a test here so I'll do that tonight, my friend's calling me from england to talk to me whilst I do it. And if it's negative I'll still do one on my return. If it is positive I know what to do and where to contact. I just needed a little moral support and to be calmed down a bit.

Thanks again, I'll let you know what happens
    XXX
  • Options
    good luck
  • Options
    Negative! Phew. Thank god. I hate a scare but this one did some good, it actually made me realise I don't want to get back with my ex. If I was so shit scared to tell him then what's the point. I obviously don't have much faith in the guy. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise!

Thanks again for the great advice guys!
    XXX