Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Think my gf is cheating online

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met my gf online and we've been going out "offline" for 6 months, seeing each other every weekend (and weeks during the summer). We really enjoy each others company and I try hard to please her when we're together.

Unfortunately though in the last 2 weeks she's signed up a singles site on the Internet. She doesn't know that I've found out about it. I don't want to seem like the possesive type but feel that she's abused my trust in her a little.

Not overstating what she's done here but she's been making active attempts to strike up communication with people who live in our local area. If she was just trying to make friends why would she want to find local men? Also, I doubt that anyone could be naive enough to expect that men aren't going to try and seduce someone who claims to be single and wanting a "loving man".

None of this makes much sense, as I thought everything was good between us. Anyway, I'm wondering what I should do next...Should I talk to her or forget about this and hope she gets bored?

Comments

• Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    Not overstating what she's done here but she's been making active attempts to strike up communication with people who live in our local area. If she was just trying to make friends why would she want to find local men? Also, I doubt that anyone could be naive enough to expect that men aren't going to try and seduce someone who claims to be single and wanting a "loving man".
    so... ermmm... why don't you talk to her about it?
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    so... ermmm... why don't you talk to her about it?

It's hard to approach the topic really. It looks equally as untrusting of me to have been snooping thru this site she's been using... Also at the moment, I feel a little angry and I don't want to say something I might regret Hmm
  • Options
    Definately talk to her. If you feel she isn't putting as much into the relationship as you are then you obviously need to talk it over.
  • Options
    okay so give yourself some time to chill out... before you talk to her...
    you could just say you came accross it by accident and take it from there.
  • Options
    I think you're both right. Going to wait till we're together face-2-face on friday...something that I don't want to do over the phone.
  • Options
    i used to always do that ... go through shit that i shouldn't ... find stuff that i didn't want to see and find it super awkward to bring it up, i understand exactly where you're coming from
  • Options
    out of interest, how did you find out she has joined this site anyway?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    out of interest, how did you find out she has joined this site anyway?

To be perfectly honest MrG I looked through her emails but we both know each others email passwords (well, for non-important stuff). Actually, I didn't ask for it she just gave it me...but then again I think she'd forgotten she'd given it me.

I know it looks just as bad and I admit that it was bad of me (no crap excuses).
  • Options
    The best thing you can do is talk to her about it.

However, the fact you you went out of your way to look through her things may upset her. You may have to think carefully about what you are going to say before confronting her about the matter.

Thanks Girl_Interupted. Think it would be hard to explain accidently stumbling on this because I'm pretty sure she'll delete the history from her computer. She's been given numbers by a few guys on there, it's really quite disheartening to read all of this stuff :eek2: Something will slip up, she'll get a txt/call at the "wrong" time and then I can quiz her about it.