Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mate is depressed/suicidal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mate is depressed/suicidal how can i cheer him up hes 15, hes attempted suicide and has been rejected by this girl he loves 3 times, and is still mates wit her. now its worse schools really bad for him. and he hardly gets to see that girl

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the girl is the one causing it. Weve all had problems with girls before and they can sometimes be a right heartache but your mate seriously needs to get away from that girl!

The less he sees of her the easier it will get for him. No offence but after 3 rejections then surely he should get the message and give up?!
  • Options
    my mate is depressed/suicidal how can i cheer him up hes 15, hes attempted suicide and has been rejected by this girl he loves 3 times, and is still mates wit her. now its worse schools really bad for him. and he hardly gets to see that girl

He needs to realise that distancing himself from the girl that he can't have is the first step. The less contact with her while he's unstable the better.

What are his issues at school?
  • Options
    He needs to realise that distancing himself from the girl that he can't have is the first step. The less contact with her while he's unstable the better.

What are his issues at school?
    :yes: agreed. i wouldn't think there is anything specifically you will be able to say to "cheer him up." he needs professional psychiatric help if that is how he is feeling. all you can do really, is just be there for him.