Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Yahoo help jail Chinese journalist

Story.

That would be about right for Yahoo, I suppose. Money versus freedom, I think its obvious what all these companies would choose.

Still, if they're making the money, then what are personal freedoms anyway?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if yahoo did this of their own accord and not at the request of the chinese government, then this is very worrying indeed..........can't go for a bloody piss these days without someone spying on you.
  • Options
    It's sick, and sadly no surprise.

What are morals anyway?
  • Options
    We really should stop letting the corporate and government fucksticks get away with this hiding behind names shite.

"Yahoo" didn't do a fucking thing. It's fictional. Joe Bloggs of 12, Any Street did. he should be named as the "other party".

i.e. Joe Bloggs of 12 Any Street gave Mr.Wong of Nanking information relating to blah blah. he then told someone else, who told someone else who then went and used violence against etc etc

They are cowards for the most part and the less they can hide, the less they can do because they are weak.
  • Options
    what a bunch of punks
  • Options
    I really don't know what to say...

I'd rather be shot on the spot than go to one of thse awful Chinese prisons.
  • Options

btw theyll charge your family for the bullet in china...

thats if they ever hear what happened to you
  • Options

myself as well
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A bit harsh, but what secrets did he expose?

If you went about sending out internal governemnt classified documents over here, you'd be jailed to. But as it is China, it was probably something minor anyway. Possibly just a request for some biscuits at lunch.