Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do they love you more?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you ever feel that you girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband loves you more than you love them?

is it a problem for you? what do you feel about it?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I feel like I love alcohol more than it loves me :(
  • Options
    not a problem for me :\

sniffle.
  • Options
    not a problem for me :\

sniffle.

*cuddles*
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    same with money then. ;)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    and pie.

The list is endless ;<
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

Yes.
  • Options
    I used to feel like that in the early days, he was the first to say "I love you" and I wondered to myself for ages if he hadnt of said it, when would I have said it. Like I said though that was probably within the first 6 months of our relationship, now I know we love each other equally.
  • Options
    I used to feel like that in the early days, he was the first to say "I love you" and I wondered to myself for ages if he hadnt of said it, when would I have said it. Like I said though that was probably within the first 6 months of our relationship, now I know we love each other equally.

i know i love him, but sometimes i feel like he loves me more. we've been together 10 months (all but a few days) and i cant imagine not being with him.
    did it bother you? did you question if you even loved him at all? im so confused! :(
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel like I love him more and sometimes I think he loves me more. Dunno really.
  • Options
  • Options
    i know i love him, but sometimes i feel like he loves me more. we've been together 10 months (all but a few days) and i cant imagine not being with him.
    did it bother you? did you question if you even loved him at all? im so confused! :(
    It bothered me a teeny bit, but that was cos I was wondering if it was all moving too quick. He said I love you, I didnt say it back to him cos he'd said it, I waited til I actually felt it, that way I was more sure about how I did actually feel.

You're probably just a bit overwhelmed with your situation Chelle, tell J how you feel, a problem shared is a problem halved ;)
  • Options
    You're probably just a bit overwhelmed with your situation Chelle, tell J how you feel, a problem shared is a problem halved ;)

i told him, and now he doesnt want to see me
  • Options
    i told him, and now he doesnt want to see me
    Eeek, what did you say exactly? Hope you're ok.
  • Options
    I think probably Chelle, you saw too much of him. It was allllll too quick. Too overwhelming, and now that spark is gone, because there's nothing to look forward to. You've done it all in 10 months.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I think probably Chelle, you saw too much of him. It was allllll too quick. Too overwhelming, and now that spark is gone, because there's nothing to look forward to. You've done it all in 10 months.

fair point i think.

also, with you being out of work at the minute i guess do you maybe feel a bit bored and frustrated in general?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

so are you saying, thats it? its finished and cant be revived?
  • Options
    so are you saying, thats it? its finished and cant be revived?

I really don't know. I'm being realistic.

You said you loved each other at around 2 months, got engaged and holidays all in 10 months.

I'm in maybe a month of mine, and I'm nowhere near seeing him everyday, thinking I love him. It'd kill my sanity to have it all compressed. I think because it's it's your first big relationship you flung in the deep end despite you saying you wouldn't.

And I'm not thinking you are horrible for doing this, when you meet someone for the first time who meets your boundaries, your thinking it's AMAZING, and you pile yourself into that person.

But it's came and bit you in the bum. You got bored, you didn't want him because there was nothing to look forward to except the grown up stuff, and you weren't ready for that. There was no new innocent level to climb to.

You'd done it all.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I think because it's it's your first big relationship you flung in the deep end despite you saying you wouldn't.

And I'm not thinking you are horrible for doing this, when you meet someone for the first time who meets your boundaries, your thinking it's AMAZING, and you pile yourself into that person.

But it's came and bit you in the bum. You got bored, you didn't want him because there was nothing to look forward to except the grown up stuff, and you weren't ready for that. There was no new innocent level to climb to.

You'd done it all.

i think you're wrong. im not saying it in a horrible way or anything so i apologise if it comes out like that.
    its not my first big relationship. ive had a 15 month serious relationship previously. and im not bored of J, i never said i was.

to be honest, i dont even seem to feel the way i felt wen i originally posted this thread anymore. i think it was hormones messing me about.

i do love him, and i cant wait for the grown up stuff to come along, i dont think im as innocent as people seem to think i am!