Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lush solid shampoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone used any of them? I have one for soft water and it is amazing! :heart::D

Comments

• Options
    i got one of the hybrid 2 in ones as a freebie lately but havent tried it.
    I have however tried their rehab shampoo and american cream conditioner which I am really impressed with.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I bought some Godiva (smells like Flying Fox, mmmmmm jasmine....) this week, I have never used shampoo-conditioner before but it has settled lots of my fly-away bits, my hair is really shiny and it smells fantastic! I am so the Lush junkie.....
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I bought some Godiva (smells like Flying Fox, mmmmmm jasmine....) this week, I have never used shampoo-conditioner before but it has settled lots of my fly-away bits, my hair is really shiny and it smells fantastic! I am so the Lush junkie.....
    Thats the one I got I think. Is it the yellow one? It was free if you spent over £15.
  • Options
  • Options
    how the hell do you use a solid shampoo?!

and doesnt it go all slimy? and then do u keep dropping it in the shower rather like using a soap bar? or dont u ever accidently drop it on carpet and get hair stuck all over it?
  • Options
    Thats the one I got I think. Is it the yellow one? It was free if you spent over £15.
    That's the one. So yummy.... And Blah, its texture is different to soap, it isn't slimy at all, it is quite porous...I don't know how to explain it. You just lather it up in your hands then wash as normal! The shower in our new house runs out of hot water quicker than I can get my hair washed with seperate shampoo and conditioner, so its perfect for me.
  • Options
    I used one for light hair- lasts for blimmin ages

remember one grey coloured one stinks like an ashtray though
  • Options
    Hybrid? That's probably because it has charcoal in it - they say it has been 'reformulated' though, so it should smell better this time around!
  • Options
    well i tried the godiva shampoo/conditioner bar, and I really really like it. It lathered up LOADS and I hardly even used any of it. It didnt over condition, but my hair feels really soft and frizz free. It also smells really nice.
  • Options
    well i tried the godiva shampoo/conditioner bar, and I really really like it. It lathered up LOADS and I hardly even used any of it. It didnt over condition, but my hair feels really soft and frizz free. It also smells really nice.

:yes: I think it is the first time since I moved to London that my hair has felt so soft, London has such hard water and this is the perfect antidote.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    :yes: I think it is the first time since I moved to London that my hair has felt so soft, London has such hard water and this is the perfect antidote.

You get a shampoo bar from lush that is designed for hard water areas. I have the one for soft water areas and its brilliant.
  • Options
    I went into Lush today and bought `flying fox` temple balm, because it has the same fragrance as Godiva.
    yummy, its like Jasmine and Almonds mixed into one.
  • Options
    how much is the shampoo stuff?
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    how much is the shampoo stuff?

It depends how much you want. They cut the shampoo into chunks and then weigh it and that is how it is priced. The one I got was just under £4.
  • Options
    The godiva bar is £4.50

http://www.lush.co.uk/system/index.php
  • Options
    ooh this stuff sounds good, i've never seen it about though
  • Options
    *Whispers*... I've got a trial sales assistant day at Lush :love:

Tehehe. Ilora x x
  • Options
    *Whispers*... I've got a trial sales assistant day at Lush :love:

nice one.

hope it works out for you :)

i like the idea of lush, but after about 5 minutes in there the fumes get too much, and i have to be peeled off the ceiling. this means browsing is a no no, so i have to just go for one specific thing, find it quickly, then leave.
  • Options
    Id like to work in Lush.
  • Options
    I just ordered the yellow shampoo/condision bar and two seperate shampoo and condisioner bars. Just gotta wait for them to turn up now.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    nice one.

hope it works out for you :)

i like the idea of lush, but after about 5 minutes in there the fumes get too much, and i have to be peeled off the ceiling. this means browsing is a no no, so i have to just go for one specific thing, find it quickly, then leave.

I love the smell in the shop. :heart:
  • Options
    Ive found that every time i go in there and sniff stuff, it smells horrible. Maybe its the overwhelming smell of it all at once. Gives me a headache too.

Do they use perfume in their stuff, or essential oils? It all smells really fake to me, and heavily perfumed stuff makes me all itchy

Do the shampoo bars last long? And where do you keep them while they are wet? I would of thought that a moist bar would be a breeding ground for bacteria
  • Options
    The shampoo I have is ment to last for over 100 washes. I just keep mine in a soap dish. I amn't sure what they use tbh.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Do they use perfume in their stuff, or essential oils? It all smells really fake to me, and heavily perfumed stuff makes me all itchy
    All their products are made using natural essential oils. No artificial chemicals are used (except preservatives etc).

Ilora x
  • Options
    The only thing that is annoying is that the bubble bath bars make a mess of your bath as do some of the bath bombs.
  • Options
    I have the Godiva solid shampoo. It's good cos it's nice and compact for taking places if you get the shampoo tin aswell. I think it smells quite nice but my boyfriend isn't too keen on it! He likes the chai smell but apparently they're discontinuing that :(
    Has anyone tried the angels on bare skin facewash? it's really good me thinks.
  • Options
    I went into Lush today and bought `flying fox` temple balm, because it has the same fragrance as Godiva.
    yummy, its like Jasmine and Almonds mixed into one.

It smells like summer.... I have used the flying fox shower gel for ages, and was so excited when the temple balm was released - and now with the shampoo/conditioner I can smell like summer from head to toe.

And Izzy, I prefer the Herbalism, but that's just me.