Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guy I work with-both me & my best mate like him...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
She liked him first, but I've worked with him for a year, so I feel more "entitled" to him, but still racked with guilt.
We had a work do on Saturday, later on in a club me and the guy from work started kissing, I'm feeling guilty about my best friend now, but I really really like him.
We've been texting and stuff
I don't know what to do..
:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    That makes me seem really bitchy saying "entitled" like that, I didn't mean it in such a harsh way.
  • Options
    tell your mate before she finds out from someone else.
  • Options
    she won't find out, shes not friends with anyoen from my work. she does pop in from time to time but if I say so, they wont tell. Also, I KNOW she'll fall out with me big time. I was very drunk on Saturday, but since then I've realised I really like him.
  • Options
    You need to talk to your friend about it. If you hide it from her and then she finds out a few months down the line (I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to keep it from her for long if it developed into a serious relationship) she is more likely to be upset and angry with you.
  • Options
    lausie wrote:
    she won't find out, shes not friends with anyoen from my work. she does pop in from time to time but if I say so, they wont tell. Also, I KNOW she'll fall out with me big time. I was very drunk on Saturday, but since then I've realised I really like him.

doesn't make any difference. out of respect, you should tell her.
  • Options
    Defo tell her! Would be harsh not too!
  • Options
    one of my best friends was once seeing this lad that i'd liked for like 2 years. she didn't tell me, and i saw him out and we ended up kissing. i didn't tell her, and so then we both fell out!

eta: then we both realised he was a pile of poo and made up again.
  • Options
    You should talk to her, and as he seems to like you and she isn't with him depending on how much she likes him she might accept it. It's not worth losing a friend over these things.