Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So Strange When You Bump Into Exs!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bumped into an ex from about five years ago the other day! Was so bazar! Like going back in time...He had changed yet was almost the same. Couldnt help laughing, as memories came back :)

Comments

• Options
    That's weird, i hadnt heard from my ex since may, then out of the blue he commented in my lj last night, and has again a few times since, including a few mins ago! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    That is! Strange what people do sometimes. My most recent ex, texted me Happy Birthday the other night. I really didnt appreciate it! Seeing an ex from 5 years ago has made me realise that the majority of my bfs have been clones, they are so damn similiar! Maybe thats my problem. Nearly always, slim with brown hair, with youthful, boyish, cheeky faces. Maybe i need a fat, old looking guy with blonde hair lol :)
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Bumped into an ex from about five years ago the other day! Was so bazar! Like going back in time...He had changed yet was almost the same. Couldnt help laughing, as memories came back :)

it's good that you can laugh though really. it's going to be weird seeing my ex (oh dear, that sounds horrible :-[).
  • Options
    i tend to laugh at my exes when i see them!! although 1 guy im mates with! it is wierd tho!
  • Options
    Great my ex messaged me on msn...argh! I dont want to talk to him, but i dont want to block him either as that just seems childish! Ive just deleted him from my list.
  • Options
    I bumped into an ex a few months back and he said he got thru to the second round on X factor so I just hope to god I dont see him on TV.
  • Options
    I bumped into an ex (he dumped me) a while back, he was with my sister and i was with my fiancee. Right in front of him my sister struck up a conversation about how well i did to get onto my post grad course (there was fierce competition). So now he knows i've passed my degree, i've got onto a post grad and i'm with some one else. Revenge is sweet.
  • Options
    It's especially strange when you bump into an ex who you thought was dead.
  • Options
    Mac Sami wrote:

Fuck that would be scary!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Fuck that would be scary!

Indeed it would. Thankfully it's never happened to me.
  • Options
    I made the mistake of meeting up with an ex that had been nothing but my boyfriend in the whole time I knew him. Trying to have a friendship with someone who you've just associated with kissing, sex, cuddles and seeing him in his nudy pants was not wise. So unwise in fact I went out with him for almost another year, and then he dumped me again for the exact same things. Silly me! Heehee.

Though having said that, I have one good friend who was my boyfriend for a year or so. We had a really bad break up which ended up with me putting myself in hospital. For a year I refused to talk to him but when i did i realised we could be friends. So five years later and he's still one of the best friend's I have. Luck of the draw really!
  • Options
    As for the bumping into the ex who was dead. Been there, very scary. It made me fall over.
  • Options
    I bumped into my ex of 5yrs ago last year and it went really well. We still talk most days now and we've even done coffee and gone to a movie together. Though I guess it wasn't a really bad break-up for us, just that we were too young and didn't really know what we were getting into.

It's all good now and we're great friends. :yippe:
  • Options
    Mac Sami wrote:
    as i've been speaking to my ex again, i found out that he very nearly did die (suicide attempt) so he could have been dead all this time and i probably wouldn't have known! :crying: soooooo glad he's ok though :)
  • Options
    I made the mistake of meeting up with an ex that had been nothing but my boyfriend in the whole time I knew him. Trying to have a friendship with someone who you've just associated with kissing, sex, cuddles and seeing him in his nudy pants was not wise.

me and my now ex only ever really knew eachother as girlfriend and boyfriend..so like you say..associated with dates, cuddles, kisses, sex and the likes. but the thing is we were good friends as well. and i hope we'll stay that way. we always had a laugh so it was like we were mates as well as going out with eachother. not seen him since we split up but fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Haha saw another ex today! So bazar! We just glanced at eachother :) They seem to keep appearing by chance at the mo.
  • Options
    I talked to my ex last week for the first time in months. was nice to have a chat, but it ended up with her deciding she never wants to have anything to do with me again (although for some strange reason she wants me to send her an invitation to my wedding if i ever get married?!). Now, how she expects me to do this when shes blocked my email address, moved house and changed her phone number since we broke up i don't know. Oh well.