Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

First Direct debit cards...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Char_Baby wrote:
    i really dont believe he was ever a genuine staff member but hey ho

he can string a sentence together, so probably not.
    kaffrin wrote:
    he can string a sentence together, so probably not.
    Yeah, Thanks
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Yeah, Thanks

if you had had the trouble that i had had with them you would be of the same opinion.

i have only been with them for 2 months and i swear they have not got a single thing right. the two counter staff at the branch i was in in leeds didn't seem to even know what a mortgage was, much less advise me about who i should see to enquire why they has cancelled my application 'further to your instructions' which i never gave, but yet were still charging me (from the wrong account).

i won't even go into the last letter they sent me. i worked for yorkshire bank for a few summers, and i thought they were unusually bad, but the halifax make them look rather good.
    kaffrin wrote:
    if you had had the trouble that i had had with them you would be of the same opinion.

i have only been with them for 2 months and i swear they have not got a single thing right. the two counter staff at the branch i was in in leeds didn't seem to even know what a mortgage was, much less advise me about who i should see to enquire why they has cancelled my application 'further to your instructions' which i never gave, but yet were still charging me (from the wrong account).

i won't even go into the last letter they sent me. i worked for yorkshire bank for a few summers, and i thought they were unusually bad, but the halifax make them look rather good.
    I can see why that happens, the counter staff are very good at what they do (cashiering) but unfortunatly they dont get a lot of training on products etc. and dont unless they push it like i did until i did get some decent training
    Panthro wrote:
    This fucking card!!! Why does First Direct make it sooooo hard?!
    I've never had any problems :D
    re debit cards

For First Direct Maestro cards the number along the middle starts 6759 then it's the sort code always starting 4047 - and the last 8 digits are the account number, the 9 digit "card number" on the bottom is just a card production number

First Direct have recently changed over to visa debit and the sort cade and account number for these cards are clearly marked on the bottom of the card
    Hey - gonna close this thread now as it's 4 years old.
This discussion has been closed.