Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ginger curing nasea and other sickness cures!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so ive been feeling sick now, pretty much every day, for about 3 months now+ive resorted to living off ginger beer+ginger biscuits, as they seem to help. what id like to know is, is this ginger thing psycological, or does it actually work??
doctors seem to think i have a virus, which antibiotics would fix - until i mentioned that i didnt think antibiotics worked on virul infections - stupid idiots!!!
im going again on monday to speak to a different doctor, as all 3 ive seen have dismissed me+think its normal to feel sick everyday for 3months!!!

Anyone else got any other remedies for nasea??

thanx

Comments

• Options
    when i got it bad when i was run down with stress my doctor gave me phenergan or something like that, it's meant for travel sickness. It really helps but it makes you really drowsy till you get used to it.
  • Options
    what id like to know is, is this ginger thing psycological, or does it actually work??

it actually works. they recommend ginger for pregnant women cause it's pretty effective, but doesn't have any of the dodge side effects associated with normal anti-nausea drugs.

however, nausea can be psychological. when my anxiety is at its worst, i feel sick all day every day.
  • Options
    it does actually work. its a remedy thats been around since before your great great grandma was born. :p
  • Options
    great! il keep eating it then! not felt too bad today, but my appetites faded recently+now i think some people are worrying that im not eating as much as i used to deliberately+that's what's causing the nausea!
    Going the doctors tomo, so hopefully they can find out what it is, cos i just dont wana be fobbed off with more medication!
  • Options
    Ginger def works as does mint.
  • Options
    it definitely works.
    it also doesnt interfere with birthday drinking binges.
  • Options
    Sounds good! Im gonna have to try it!
  • Options
    Peppermint and liquorice are good to settle a dodgy stomach.