Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

split up :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my boyfriend just split up. :(

we'd only been going out 6 months but it's still a piece of shite. he's my first boyfriend.

some words of comfort would be nice please.

Comments

• Options
    thats horrible :(

You'll get through it though, i dont really know what else to say...i know how it feels, try to keep busy if possible, and im often on msn if you need to chat :)
  • Options
    It will get better.Just give it time.
    Time seems a bit overated but its whats going to help you get over this.
    Cheer up kiddo :)
  • Options
    I never thought I would get over my first love, I did. I found someone else and I love him more than ever.

Despite the fact you will probably not believe this, time is a healer. You will get over this guy in time. You will find someone else.

Cheer up hun, don't let this guy get to you. xx
    seconded
  • Options
    yeah, ul get over him. And probably realise he was a tit. You'll go on to date much better people+learn to know what truer love is (depending upon how strongly u felt about ur first guy)!
    *hugs*, busy yourself with mates+forget him!
  • Options
    Aw i'm sorry what happened :(

If it's over for definate, the old cliche 'time is a healer' is so true. When my ex boyfriend of nearly 2 years did stuff with one of my 'best friends' i thought i wouldnt get over it for months, 3 months later totally un expected.i met a great guy and haven't looked back, 2 half years later we're still at it.

Get all your girly mates round with a dvd a bottle of wine and some ben and jerrys for a good old session :)
  • Options
    i am going to get in my car and come give you a huge cuddle!
    you'll get through it, probably much easier than you think you will right now. ive been there (which you know) and once you get the first few days out the way and get all your crying done, you do start to feel better.....besides...you've got that tesco lad to flirt with now ;) xxx
  • Options
    besides...you've got that tesco lad to flirt with now ;) xxx

but i don't want to! i have too much respect for him than to do that. i can see it being a while before i can think about anybody in that way.

sorry about the late replies, my internet's been down but is temporarily working for now.

it's been horrible but my friends and mum have been great.

basically he starts an important year at his work this year. he's already very busy with other commitments such as football..i.e. watching/playing. which i understand completely. i'm at uni and used to see him sort of 2 times a week but now he said we'd be cutting it down to once and he doesn't want to. he needs to be by himself, he reckons. to be honest not sure he knows what he's doing..he said i'm the best thing that's ever happened to him and i believe him 'cause i know that's what he thinks of me. he said he realises he's probably throwing it away, and there is every chance he'll come back to me in a few weeks months and say he's made a huge mistake. i did say i'd take him back but i can't see it being that easy.
  • Options
    one piece of advice - delete his phone number from your phone if you are planning to console yourself with muchos alcoholos ( 2 years later and oh, still the shame!)
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    one piece of advice - delete his phone number from your phone if you are planning to console yourself with muchos alcoholos ( 2 years later and oh, still the shame!)

nah i can't see myself doing something like that, i hope we can still say at least alright with each other. though i realise easier said than done.