Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

She wants me back!

A few weeks ago, I split up from my first girlfriend. She'd been telling me about how much she loved me, and I said I didn't feel the same way at all. So, that was the end of that. Or was it? Because over the last few weeks, she's been trying to win me back. She's used tactics from taking me out to dinner, to what she calls "no-strings-attached-sex". How it can be no-strings-attacked when I've been in a relationship with her, I don't know.

Anyway, I thought she'd soon stop. There was an unexpected death in her family recently, so that took her attention to other things. But now that the funeral has been and all that, she's gone back to her task of getting me back in a relationship with her. To be frank, this is starting to really piss me off. :mad: How can I tell her in no uncertain terms, that I don't want her back?

(Just to clarify that when she offered dinner and the sex to me, I turned it down)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You agreed to this dinner and no-strings sex?

If your answer is yes, then it's your own fault. You agree to that and she thinks it's working. Arse.
  • Options
    I should make clear that she offered to take me out for dinner, and offered me sex. On all occasions, I turned it down.
  • Options
    You agreed to this dinner and no-strings sex?

If your answer is yes, then it's your own fault. You agree to that and she thinks it's working. Arse.

exactly.

just tell her you don't want her back. simple really.

aren't you just the babe magnet. ;)
  • Options
    aren't you just the babe magnet. ;)
    :rolleyes: I wish!
  • Options
    honesty really is the best policy. and the worst thing you can do to the poor girl is string her along. so just tell her the truth. :yes:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I should make clear that she offered to take me out for dinner, and offered me sex. On all occasions, I turned it down.
    Then just hold it out til she gets bored. She'll eventually come to the conclusion that you aren't worth it.

To be honest, considering you've basically (in her mind) just told her you were lying to her by saying you loved her, I think the least you can do is just put up with it.

ETA: or just tell her. The above may be better used as a Plan B if telling her the truth has no effect.
  • Options
    Then just hold it out til she gets bored. She'll eventually come to the conclusion that you aren't worth it.
    *gasps* Oh, thanks! :p
    To be honest, considering you've basically (in her mind) just told her you were lying to her by saying you loved her, I think the least you can do is just put up with it.
    ETA: or just tell her. The above may be better used as a Plan B if telling her the truth has no effect.
    But I did love her, that's the thing. I ended it because my feelings just weren't as strong as hers, and practical problems meant it would be incredibly difficult to maintain any relationship.
  • Options
    Read the brackets. I didn't say you didn't love, I just know that if it was me I would be reeling, thinking you were a liar.

'Sall.
  • Options
    Read the brackets. I didn't say you didn't love, I just know that if it was me I would be reeling, thinking you were a liar.
    Suddenly, I feel a thousand times better. Maybe this nonsense of her trying to lure me back is my punishment. :(
  • Options
    if she's really annoying you, just tell her you finished it for a reason and the reason still stands and if she ever wants to be friends with you, she has to stop acting like she is as its making you not want to have contact with her
  • Options
    It's obvious. Just cut her out of your life completely and ignore her. If she keeps seeing you or talking to you she'll still want you, but if you leave her alone gradually she will lose interest. It's the best thing you could do for her as a friend. Be cruel to be kind.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    :mad: How can I tell her in no uncertain terms, that I don't want her back?
    very simply you just say "NO!" and then tell her to f*off... i'm sure she'll get the message... and probably won't want anything to do with you again. :p
  • Options
    It might just be me, but there's something really weird about your relationships SG.
  • Options
    Good thing you turned down the dinner and the sex, that would've given her mixed messages. I'm sure she'll get over it, she just needs time, for now, just be patient, because she doesn't seem to be taking it well and telling her to fuck off(well done for the sympathy, Otter :p) won't help.
  • Options
    Yes.

You do look like the sort to attract a bunny boiler :chin:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It might just be me, but there's something really weird about your relationships SG.
    There probably is.

Thanks for all your replies.
  • Options
    For some reason, I feel as though I read this a while back. (Actually, IIRC a friend of mine said a very similar thing to me about an ex of his - but she did leave him alone after he told her something...)

She should just back off if you ignore her.