Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stripped of Peerage?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lord Watson yesterday admitted that he set fire to a pair of curtains in an Edinburgh hotel. Mike Watson has said he will stand down as MSP, what are your thoughts on him losing his peerage?

Story

Comments

• Options
    It won't happen, just as the perjurer Archer still retains his.
  • Options
    "This would be most consistent. He felt it right to resign from the Scottish Parliament so as the House of Lords is a similar law-making body, it is completely inappropriate for him to resign from one and not the other"

How true. From my memory, is it only Peers that are declared Bankrupt or commit a very serious crime that can be stripped of their title? And it would have to go through both houses of Parliament.
  • Options
    I couldn't care less, but what difference does it make to anybody? Shock horror, civil servants break the law...
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I couldn't care less, but what difference does it make to anybody? Shock horror, civil servants break the law...

:lol:
  • Options
    arson that endangers life usualy carries a starting price of five years porridge ...it will be interesting to see what happens.