Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

snowball ecstasy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
supposed to be quite dodgy, anyone had them before?

Comments

• Options
    do you mean as in taking a downer with it?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    do you mean as in taking a downer with it?

Probably means pills called snowballs. There have been plenty by that name going round for years.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yes I had them 2 years ago, very trippy and unpredictable, I heard some guy in Lisburn died of an overdose of them too recently, I'd stay well clear of them.
  • Options
    took two last night, took 3 - 4 hours to kick in but trippy as fuck

turns out they really contain DOB ... Dimethoxybromoamphetamine (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dob/) ..

very interesting :)
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    took two last night, took 3 - 4 hours to kick in but trippy as fuck

turns out they really contain DOB ... Dimethoxybromoamphetamine (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dob/) ..

very interesting :)

:yes:

Yes same one's I had, I've argued with bong in the past whether they contained DOB or not but I'm certain they do, a few of my mates took them. thought they were shit then took more, without realising they took a few hours to kick in, then they had some trip. I had a really fucked up trip on them, I saw a million tiny faces of cameron from big brother shooting across my vision and goths with blood running down their faces, fucking mental, but I tell ya what, they're fucked up, I wouldn't try them again if i was you
  • Options
    fuck that i can't wait to get more :D

many did you bang ?

they're definatly DOB, i read a report issued from the gardai

i was tripping pretty intensely for about 12 hours with lots of lingering effects for another 12 or 15 hours until i eventually slept

smoking dope made me start tripping a fair bit each time i smoked it the next day
  • Options
    I didn't really argue with you Turlough, I just said that DOB is stupidly rare and that most snowballs are MDA, a drug which takes a while to come on and can be very hallucinogenic.

The length of time it took you to come up and the length of the trip do suggest DOB or DOM.
  • Options
    That doesn't really sound too awesome. Expecting the feeling of love with a dip of ecstacy and ending up tripping like a fair dose of shrooms.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Well as has been said in the past, its all speculation unless you test them.....
  • Options
    Snowballs used to be a massive dose of MDA back in the day.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    That doesn't really sound too awesome. Expecting the feeling of love with a dip of ecstacy and ending up tripping like a fair dose of shrooms.

It depends how many mg are in the tablet, the oral dose of DOM I think is about 4-6mg and that will be more than a fair dose of shrooms. If you are going to try them take only one and wait three or more hours before re-dosing.
  • Options
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/1024/tablet.html

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=38599

im positive they're DOB

i think the mixture of drugs thing was just a rumour.. im nearly sure i read in a news paper that it contained a 'deadly concoction of several drugs' but i'd put this down to the effects of the drug rather than some accurate source!

maybe it is stupidly rare, so im glad i got to try it ;)
  • Options
    Well the one's them reports about are the one's I took 2 summers ago, it was only the 3rd or 4th time I took pills, and I was only 16 so I only got 1, still blew the head off me.
  • Options
    yeah... 2.5 - 3.5 grams is a heavy dose, anymore than 3.5 and its too much! (not 4 - 6 grams!)
  • Options
    I took them last summer but don't think they contained DOB, most likely high dose of MDA/MDMA, pretty good pills when i got them but would be weary of trying them again, heard bad reports recently about them.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Thanks for the links zo1.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I got hold of plenty of 'snowballs' back in 99/00 and they were pretty beasty pills though I doubt they contained DOB.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've totally tripped out on large doses of MDA when I wasn't really experienced, the hallucinations were that intense I thought they were real both auditory and visual. I've had conversations with myself many times cos of that stuff.

My daft mate double dropped then triple dropped then double dropped again and then took 2 more(!) of them white cherries that were everywhere round xmas time.He ended up talking to himself and had blood dripping out of his mouth from chewing his face that bad. Seriously not good. He's only 16 as well.

If you take enough MDA the effect doesn't really reach a plateau for about 2 1/2 hours, so it could be that you're experiencing?
  • Options
    MDA can have a long lead in time, but it would be very rare not to get any effects for 2 hours, it is that more than anything which makes it sound like DOM or DOB because they have very long lead in times.
  • Options
    Sorry double post.
  • Options
    I'll apologise in advance for dragging up such an old thread, but I was looking for any information regarding these pills which I had in Ireland around 2003-2004, when I stumbled acriss this thread. At the time I had heard rumours that they were either a mixture of LSD and MDMA or just DOB. I tried them anyway, and having read up on DOB extensively as well as having previously tried an LSD and MDMA combo on more than one occassion I was pretty sure that these tablets contained the latter. I went on to try them several more times, and the length of the experience (36+ hours on a few occassions) the very lengthy come-up and similarity with other DOB experiences i'd read left me pretty certain that these pills probably did contain DOB.

Since then I have had a fair bit of experience with MDA and MDMA and i'd stake everything I own that these pills didn't only contain either of these. Personally I found that 1 or even two pills spaced out did produce an experience in some ways comparable to MDA, but any more than that and the difference between the two drugs was very very obvious.

I managed to find a few other references (including a couple that have already been posted) to snowballs after a bit of digging around, and these seem to confirm that these pills definitely did contain DOB.

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2003/11/16/story976981228.asp

http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/1024/tablet.html

http://www.ndc.hrb.ie/directory/news_detail.php?cat_id=&news_id=656&pointer=60

http://www.ndc.hrb.ie/directory/news_detail.php?cat_id=&news_id=748&pointer=20

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=38599

I should point out that all these links refer to 2003, so anyone having tried 'snowballs' significantly earlier than that could well have tried something totally different.
  • Options
    Given you seem to have decided what you had I'm not sure what information you want.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Given you seem to have decided what you had I'm not sure what information you want.

He is just telling others.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    these bad boys are some bang for your buck i tell thee!!

will never forget the buzz off em :crazyeyes :crazyeyes
  • Options
    monkeychild is on the ball there. the 'snowballs' from a few years back that had all the horror stories attached where DOB. i have been doing a fair bit of research on this recently so am pretty confident about it and it certainly explains why they last way longer than regular acid.
    what i'd like to know is how many mg of DOB where in each pill. the dose ranges for DOB are absolutely tiny so the majority of the snowball pill must have been made up of some other substance ie the pill itself wasnt pure DOB. actually funny i think i have some buried at a different house! dont know if ill ever be trying to dig those bad boys out! take them sat night and you prob wouldnt sleep til monday! on a serious note i wonder what happened to the guy who took his eye out? scary shit.