Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Veet/immac cream stuff.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How rubbish is this stuff? It smells vile too.

1 out of 10 from me.

Comments

• Options
    i use it all the time! you can get slightly nicer smelling ones.

but i splashed out and treated myself to a brazilian the other day so no need anymore. :D
  • Options
    Don't use it, or any veet products. They are the leg singeing, foul smelling devil. Oh and they are also rubbish :p
  • Options
    someone else must find that they work! they've never burnt my skin or anything and remove the hairs perfectly. tis a little messy though.
  • Options
    yeah works fine for me....i cant stand waxing and shaving down below is just really horrible so its my only option really!
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    yeah works fine for me....i cant stand waxing and shaving down below is just really horrible so its my only option really!

same here...get a wax! :yes:
  • Options
    i had my legs waxed and i was nearly in tears, i cant imagine what it would be like "down below"

whats it like pain wise????
  • Options
    it hurt a bit, but it's just like having a plaster pulled off really and is over in seconds. i wasn't sore or anything after but my friend was sore for about a week. i'm a wuss and i'll be going back so it can't be that bad. and i only went 'ooh' and closed my eyes once.
  • Options
    hmm!

How much does it cost and last for?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    beans wrote:
    Don't use it, or any veet products. They are the leg singeing, foul smelling devil. Oh and they are also rubbish :p

I tried the wax strips and they didn't really work for me. Was quite disappointed :(
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Epilators are the way forward...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    LadyJade wrote:
    Epilators are the way forward...

I have thought about getting one of them actually ...
  • Options
    Mine works beautifully, I've only used it once and haven't dared my bikini line yet, but I love it.
  • Options
    I tried the wax strips and they didn't really work for me. Was quite disappointed :(

agreed, they're rubbish!
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    hmm!

How much does it cost and last for?

cost me £15 and it'll be ready to be done again in 5 weeks they said.
  • Options
    I've heard that epilators don't work.

You cannot use epilators down below though can you?

They do work, and yeah you can use them down below if you want but can i just say.

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

even a bag a peas didn't make that bearable ;(

works fine and pain free on under arms though :p
  • Options
    Bought the veet rasera last week hopin it would work wonders....i thought considering how it said "product of the year" it would work!! well nope, its rubbish.....stunk to high heaven and got rid of like 3 hairs in total....and it cost 10 euro!!! I was well pissed off..... :impissed: Im so sick of razors, dont have the guts to go get a wax and i dont really want to spend about 15 euro on a home wax kit etc. and find it doesnt work!!

Body hair sucks!!
  • Options
    Id love to get an eplilator but Im too big a wuse.
  • Options
    I would love a professional wax but don't know which salons do the full works as in, they remove all the hair, not just tidy up the bikini line. I also don't think I could deal with the pain. When I waxed myself down below, I was in tears.

you would be in tears if you did it yourself - no doubt you didn't really want to rip the thingy off quickly! just like a plaster really. i should think most places do a hollywood? when i was getting my brazilian i asked about it and you have to take your knickers off for that. not quite ready for that just yet.
  • Options
    Veet is my enemy. I used it fine for about 3 years up until about two weeks ago actually burned my skin. ON MY FACE. Try explaining that to people :|
  • Options
    Veet hair removal cream is terrible it removes the odd hair but that's just not good enough.
  • Options
    I've been using Veet on my bikini line for a while now. It doesn't sting - I actually leave it on for 3 x the recommended time occasionally, which doesn't do me any damage, but I'm still left with stubble :impissed:. I have trouble shaving down there without getting a rash, though, and I'm too embarrassed to go for a wax.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I'm too embarrassed to go for a wax.

i always used to be, until a week ago! they don't see any of your bits though, you leave your knickers on and just hold them to the side while they get rid of your fluffy bits. ;)
  • Options
    i tried the one with the bladless razor and to start with it worked really well...but the last time i used it, it burnt all my legs...2 days before i went on holiday :( i was left with marks for about a month :(
    i also have an epliator and it doesnt work AT ALL just pulls my hairs, but doesnt pull them out!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Mine works beautifully, I've only used it once and haven't dared my bikini line yet, but I love it.
    Which one do you have?
  • Options