Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My Weight Keeps Changing!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So wierd! I was 7 1/2 stone, became 7 stone and now im 8 stone! My eating habits keep changing! Find it bazar, guess it depends on how you feel at the time on what weight you are. This is the heaviest ive ever been and its freaking me out. I just hope im not pregnant or something!

Comments

• Options
    What sort of time period are we talking, between being 7 stone and becoming 8 stone?
  • Options
    About a month
  • Options
    What height are you?
  • Options
    Ok, may be a strange question.... but what is stone?
  • Options
    16 ounce is 1 pound
    One stone is 14 pounds
    One Kilogram is 2.2 pounds.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mushy24 wrote:
    Ok, may be a strange question.... but what is stone?

I love Americans, they keep using our Imperial stuff!

You guys are great. :thumb:

Edit: Oh ,and I wouldn't worry about the weight changing. Could be any number of things. If you are unsure, best to book an appointment at the doctors. They'll know for sure, you'd be safest too.
  • Options
    i some times go up and down by about half a stone during the course of a month. I also go through stages of not feeling hungry at all and not needing to eat and also loosing weight. (most of the time i'm constantly hungry) I dont' think i've been anywhere near 8 stone for the best part of 20 years though.

If you think you might be pregnatnt take a test.

If your weight goes up steadily over the next couple of months go and see a doctor because there could be loads of different reasons for it. It could just be that your finishing off growing a bit, I had loads of friends who didn't stop growing till they were 19 or 20 and one friend who swears her pelvis changed shape when she was about 25.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    So wierd! I was 7 1/2 stone, became 7 stone and now im 8 stone! My eating habits keep changing! Find it bazar, guess it depends on how you feel at the time on what weight you are. This is the heaviest ive ever been and its freaking me out. I just hope im not pregnant or something!

8 stone is still pretty light, i'm 9 stone and 5'4". and by no means heavy! (i hope..)
  • Options
    These are BMI figures, these are the lower end of normal. Therefore much lower is dangerously underweight. *BMIs are a indication, not gospel.*

5' 0" - 8st 8lbs
    5' 1" - 8st 12lbs
    5' 2" - 9st 1lb
    5' 3" -9st 5 lbs
    5' 4" -9st 8lbs
    5' 5" - 9st 12lbs
    5' 6" - 10st 2lbs
    5' 7" - 10st 5lbs
    5' 8" - 10st 9lbs
    5' 9" - 10st 13lbs
    5' 10"- 11st 3lbs

To work out your own, http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm
  • Options
    Try the link, it allows you to change the data to suit your age and sex
  • Options
    I hate them thing it tells me i'm over weight every time.
    One of them even tried to tell me i was bordering obese. When i'm still largely a size 10 i do hope not.
  • Options
    As I said, not definitive. Just an indication. Muscle mass is a factor aswell.
  • Options
    Im 5'2. Ill just keep a close eye on my weight i think!
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    These are BMI figures, these are the lower end of normal. Therefore much lower is dangerously underweight. *BMIs are a indication, not gospel.*

5' 0" - 8st 8lbs
    5' 1" - 8st 12lbs
    5' 2" - 9st 1lb
    5' 3" -9st 5 lbs
    5' 4" -9st 8lbs
    5' 5" - 9st 12lbs
    5' 6" - 10st 2lbs
    5' 7" - 10st 5lbs
    5' 8" - 10st 9lbs
    5' 9" - 10st 13lbs
    5' 10"- 11st 3lbs

are you sure they're the lower end? I'm 5'3'' and a bit, and my natural weight is around 7st 11 and still within the normal range.

in answer to the original poster - this might be a silly point, but a lot of scales are not wildly accurate. it's normal to lose or gain quite a few pounds over fairly small periods of time (especially women), so if your scales are a bit off, it could be less of a difference than you think, and still be normal.
  • Options
    i hope that's not the lower end! im 5'2 and about 7 1/2 stone, sometimes nearer 8 and sometimes nearer 7.

i wouldnt worry about your weight too much unless it keeps chaging in one way- either up or down for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Whoops! These are the real lower end figures.

5' 0" - 7st 4lbs
    5' 1" - 7st 8lbs
    5' 2" - 7st 12lbs
    5' 3" - 8st 2lbs
    5' 4" - 8st 6lbs
    5' 5" - 8st 10lbs
    5' 6" - 9st
    5' 7" - 9st 4lbs
    5' 8" - 9st 8lbs
    5' 9" - 9st 12lbs
    5' 10"- 10st 2lbs
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    Whoops! These are the real lower end figures.

5' 0" - 7st 4lbs
    5' 1" - 7st 8lbs
    5' 2" - 7st 12lbs
    5' 3" - 8st 2lbs
    5' 4" - 8st 6lbs
    5' 5" - 8st 10lbs
    5' 6" - 9st
    5' 7" - 9st 4lbs
    5' 8" - 9st 8lbs
    5' 9" - 9st 12lbs
    5' 10"- 10st 2lbs

right so i'm a stone overweight am i?
  • Options
    No. These are the lower end of normal.

For example, the upper end of normal for a 5'6" is 11st 1lb

Anywhere inbetween is normal.
  • Options
    Yeeap, well according to all of that and just about everything else, i'm fat/overweight/blah so what ever really, i don't think i look overweight and thats what matters to me really. When i was a size 8 last year i weighed just over 8 stone i now weigh 10 but i've only gone up one dress size, so it must depend on how you carry it or whatever, even though i'm only 5'2 so i dunno.
    As long as your happy with how you look and your still healthy i wouldn't worry about your weight changing, 8 stone is not a great amount to weigh, so i wouldn't worry about being 'heavy'
  • Options
    Maybe its just the scales, but I can be 3 pounds lighter/heavier within a day
    which i find slighty odd but whatever.
  • Options
    dont forget about bloating and water weight
    according to that new 1 i'm still 6lbs underweight :confused:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    are you sure they're the lower end? I'm 5'3'' and a bit, and my natural weight is around 7st 11 and still within the normal range.

in answer to the original poster - this might be a silly point, but a lot of scales are not wildly accurate. it's normal to lose or gain quite a few pounds over fairly small periods of time (especially women), so if your scales are a bit off, it could be less of a difference than you think, and still be normal.

i've found a pair of scales that gave totally different results when on hard floor compared to a carpet, worth people making sure they know what kind of floor gives the true result.
  • Options
    i've found a pair of scales that gave totally different results when on hard floor compared to a carpet, worth people making sure they know what kind of floor gives the true result.

yup, that too. and also people forget that wearing clothes and going before or after peeing can make a big difference. jeans, for example are pretty heavy.
  • Options
    Yeah think the scales are a bit shite, probably just stressing for no reason! Seem to be a different weight everyday!
  • Options
    try one of those machines in places like boots. they should be pretty acurate. or there's always your doctors.