Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Navel piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My navel piercing has been sore and red lately, i haven't been at home to use my Savlon antiseptic spray, so its been bad for a few days. I've just started using the spray again and it is helping, but how long do you think i'll be sore for? I think its a minor infection, has anyone else had this?

Comments

• Options
    I think I know what you mean, I took mine out a bit too early and every since its got like a lil red lump round it. Mines been there for about a year now, so I don't know how long your will stay. It seems like you only a have lil infection so keeo using the antiseptic cream (iodine I heard it also good) and see how it goes!
  • Options
    yeah, just dont touch it except for cleaning+use your spray/saline solution. i have problems with mine quite often, as i have a bad immune system, so infections occur more easily to me!
  • Options
    I always used Carex hypoallergenic liquid soap in the shower and tea tree oil on it dry twice a day - I think you should maybe try this as it is a little less harsh on the skin and might encourage it to heal naturally more than bombarding it with chemicals :cool: