Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New hair- not sure which one.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm graduating next Friday so i thought i'd get my hair cut Saturday. Here are a few styles i was thinking of:

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?R1=2023&month1=&pg=1&styl1=B.%20Daley

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?R1=4746&month1=&pg=1&styl1=Schwarzkopf

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?R1=1024&month1=&pg=1&styl1=Select.astyle

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style /index2.asp?R1=3413&month1=&pg=1&styl1=Toni%20&%20Guy

Not sure what to go for yet, what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I dunno cuz I think short hair styles need to suit your face... just havin a look at the site and I quite like this one

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?R1=3474&month1=1&pg=1&styl1=Toni%20&%20Guy

Ive thought about havin a style like that but Im too scared to go and get me locks cut off! I know I can grow it back but still...
  • Options
    Thats a nice one Brummy bird, but i don't want a fringe. I have a very long sweeping fringe which i like, but i wouldn't want a short one! I've had shorter hair before so i know it suits me, just undecided as to which i like the best and which one i could maintain at home.
  • Options
    I prefer the first one.

Ilora x
  • Options
    they all look the same to me :confused: just styled a little differently.

i like the idea of bobs, but i had one once and though it looked fab when the hairdresser styled it, the first time i washed it myself i ended up with some crazy mushroom type effect, so i feel i can't recommend them as i wouldn't want to be responsibly for scarring someone else in the way i have been.
  • Options
    i think the second one :) and if not that one then the 3rd one comes in close second :D
  • Options
    they all look like exactly the same cut to me, just different colours and faces, and slightly differently styled!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

i like the idea of bobs, but i had one once and though it looked fab when the hairdresser styled it, the first time i washed it myself i ended up with some crazy mushroom type effect, so i feel i can't recommend them as i wouldn't want to be responsibly for scarring someone else in the way i have been.

i look like a mushroom when i have shorter hair too. :(

well do you think your hair can carry off these styles? you need to think about managing it after you've had it done and also..those hair styles only look like that 'cause of the colour and it probably took about 2 hours to style.

a pic of you might help. :)
  • Options
    hmm

the 3rd style would be hard to maintain day to day because the parting could be hard to achieve as the parting isn't "definite"
    then again saying that if your parting got messed up 1/2 way thru the day it wouldnt look that bad
  • Options
    I like the third one, but the first one is good too and would be easier to maintain.
  • Options
    oh, and also beware the lure of the pre-graduation hair cut.

i had mine cut the day before mine, she made a reet pig's ear of it, and i look like a right fanny on my photos. which of course my proud family have hung for all and sundry to see. fab.
  • Options
    Heres a pic of me, its old so my hairs more red and shorter now, but you get the general idea.
  • Options
    At the moment i'm preffering the first.
  • Options
    Second one
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Heres a pic of me, its old so my hairs more red and shorter now, but you get the general idea.

*gets magnifying glass out* :p

i prefer the first one, i think.
  • Options
    i like the third one best. i guess it depends on the thickness of your hair- if youve got really thick hair i dont think the 2nd one would be too good at the front.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

Seconded. If you have even a threat of frizz in your hair, don't do it.
  • Options
    Frizz ease by John Freeda works miracles!
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Frizz ease by John Freeda works miracles!

it dint for me, i ended up chucking mine away coz it was makin no difference to my hair at all.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Obviously this one:

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style /index2.asp?R1=3413&month1=&pg=1&styl1=Toni%20&%20Guy

But following adivce from me may be stupid. :D
  • Options
    1st one
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I would suggest you take all of them to the hairdresser and ask them which one, and get them to explain why each one would/wouldn't work with your hair and face shape, and make your decision from there.