Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help to save my top?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have this top, today is only the second time ive worn it, its been washed once.

the first time i put it on it went like this, and its got worse

ive attached a picture i took as i cant really explain it, but the transfer type design on it has gone all split and wierd

i feel likt my top might die, its beginning to look tatty and ive only worn it twice :(

is there anything i can do to save it?

Comments

• Options
    Did you wash it inside out? I think you're meant to with transfer tops.
    Was it expensive? I can't think of anything that will keep the design on. Hairspray? That would wash out though :s
  • Options
    Seriously take it back to the shop! Thats a dreadful state to be in after one wash!
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Seriously take it back to the shop! Thats a dreadful state to be in after one wash!

i cant really do that :( its a tiny little shop with lovely people running it, i wouldnt be able to do it and i wouldnt want to go in there anymore! i suppose i could send it to the manufacturers..
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i cant really do that :( its a tiny little shop with lovely people running it, i wouldnt be able to do it and i wouldnt want to go in there anymore! i suppose i could send it to the manufacturers..

Well come in with a friendly attitude - say you've come across a problem and can they help you out, that you've washed the top once and this is the result and can you exchange it and ask for advice as to any special care it needs. Even diddy shops have guidelines concerning clothes that bugger up and so I'm sure they'll be fine about up-holding their policies.
  • Options
    My tops do that. Which is irritating. I had a really cool Clangers one that did that and now I only wear it in bed ;(.

I agree with Malt. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hmm. One of mine did that!

I think you are meant to wash and iron them inside out, and not on hot wash? Not really sure ...

Arg, it is annoying isnt it? I take super-special care of my Doom 3 one.
  • Options
    transfer tops are a nightmare. I avoid buying them because they just dont last that long.
    it DEFINITELY shouldnt look like that after several washes, let alone only one.
    Did you boil wash it?
    Its a good idea to wash those types of tops seperatly on a delicates wash, at 30.
  • Options
    for everyone that asked, it was washed in a delicates wash as thats the wash i put all of my clothes on, it was also washed in a delicates bag.

I dont think the problem with it was the wash however, it just seems like its gone like it from stretching, the top is not too small though

i think what i might do is contact the manufacturers, its made by "hullaballoo"
  • Options
    go to the shop, just 'cause they're nice people doesn't mean they can't give refunds or whatever! :p