Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

depo-provera?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Depo-Provera is a three month contraceptive. Instead of taking a pill everyday, you get an injection that lasts 3 months.
I was wondering if anyone here gets it. I am considering this as I have a slight problem with remembered to take the pill.
What I would like to know is the side effects and if anyone would recommended it. I have read some 'horror' stories about it online and it has made me wary about getting it, what I need is some people to give it to me straight, so if anyone could be any help that would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I put on about half a stone when i had it :crying:
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I put on about half a stone when i had it :crying:

Yer one of my mates got it done, it pretty much just causes temporary gaining of weight ( you will easily lose it with a decent diet and a bit of exercise ), a bit of tiredness (nothing severe), and as far as im aware a bit of drowziness...not too sure on it, but im pretty sure about those!
  • Options
    I was a proper moody bitch on it though as well, would never have it again snapped off everyones head and was permanantly in tears

also makes your leg have pins and needles for a few days afterwards-not nice