Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uh Oh!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying:
Ive just been outside spray painting a few things gold and ive just noticed on my next door neightbours car (who i absolutly hate)!! has got speckles of gold all over his red car! I was no where near it so the wind must have carried it over. OH my god what can i do to get that off before anyone sees?? heeeelllpppppppppp

Comments

• Options
    Go over and tell them you accidentally sprayed their car.

Offer to pay for it to be re-sprayed.
  • Options
    Go over and tell them you accidentally sprayed their car.

Offer to pay for it to be re-sprayed.

I am a student i am not made of money! Has anyone got any tips for getting this stuff off?
  • Options
    You want to get some t-cut or similar on it straight away. You could try a small amount of white spirit but you might end up making it worse if you're not careful.
  • Options
    thats a bit of a shit!!
  • Options
    u shouldnt have gone out in the first place.

not like that advice helps :no:
  • Options
    You can't do anything to his car, without first explaining what you've done to it. T-cut might work, as will white-spirit/meths that you'd normally use to clean spray paint off, but I couldn't tell you honestly if that would wreck the car paint.
  • Options
    You can either.....

Keep your mouth shut and hope he never asks you. If he does you'll have be good at fibbing of you wanna get away with it.

or...

Go over and explain to him what's happened. If you ain't got any money he can always claim from his car insurance.
  • Options
    well i dont know if ive got away with it yet, but i tried some nail varnish remover on it and most seems to have disappeared. I just sneakily went past rubbing hard as i did!
  • Options
    Lie out of your arse.
  • Options
    Silverberg wrote:
    Lie out of your arse.
    great minds think alike
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kepp your gob shut about it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Aye keep yir gob shut, who cares like, and while Yir at it, spit on Yir neighbours car aswell haha.
  • Options
    What a lovely bunch of people you lot are telling this person to keep her mouth shut. I hope when someone sprays your brand new car in the future that they keep their mouth's shut about it to.

Fuck's sake. How would you feel if someone came along and fucked about with your stuff?

Do the decent thing and tell the neighbour what has happened, hopefully you won't have damaged it even more with your scrubbing with nail varnish remover nonsense.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    What a lovely bunch of people you lot are telling this person to keep her mouth shut.

If you want to make sure you not going to have to cough up and vonga it's the sensible thing to do!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    If you want to make sure you not going to have to cough up and vonga it's the sensible thing to do!

No, it's the chicken shit thing to do which carries no sense of decency or honour.
  • Options
    No, Mist is right, it's the deceitful and selfish thing to do.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    No, it's the chicken shit thing to do

Fucking right I'd be scared to pay for the work to fix it - it aint likely to be cheap.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    it's the selfish thing to do.

I'm not denying that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Haha quite funny erm... if that was me I'd just pretend it never happened if you managed to get the worst of it off. It could take him a while to notice and he may even be able to clean it off himself.

The honest thing to do would be to go over and explain.

But the easiest thing to do is to keep your mouth shut.

But if he comes over and mentions it I would say something like "Oh I was spraying something outside the other day but nowhere near your car... unless the wind took it?!"

And then I'd ask to go see... :thumb:
  • Options
    deny all knowledge! ;)
  • Options
    Whatever you do, don't put any more chemicals on it without testing it first on an inconspicuous area, eg inside the door frame. Car paint should stand up to white spirit, but I wouldn't risk it.

The gold would probably wash off with soapy water anyway. Don't use abrasive scrubbing.
  • Options
    Were I in your position I think it'd depend on what kind of person he is. If he was a decent lad i'd come clean. If not I'd keep my mouth shut - its not like its damaged the car or affected any safety aspect.

Its up to you ... but as others said I wouldn't try any more chemicals on it. Making it worse wont help matters at all!
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    No, it's the chicken shit thing to do which carries no sense of decency or honour.
    This is true, and I would advise her to own up to it but she said she was broke so this seems like the best option for her.
  • Options
    if it was my car i'd rather you just keep fucking quiet about it and not come any where near my motor with even more nasty gear!
    fucking nail polish remover and thinners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    If I was skint, I would probably keep quiet out of the fear of having to cough up.

If I could afford it, I would do the decent thing and be honest.
    age old problem here ...the rich can afford to have morals ...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yes, so get a skint student in debt or their parents in debt if this happens to be the case.

Shut up and keep quiet. Shouldn't have put the remover near it really... but there you go.

So you hate the neighbor? Presumanbly a reason for this, and if so, why try to help them? If they don't want to get along with you, they'd exploit every last opportunity to shit on you. This would be a gift on a plate... prove their point rather well? Why hand them it?

So, it is selfish, and immoral. But in this situation, it is the right thing to do, really.
  • Options
    If I was skint, I would probably keep quiet out of the fear of having to cough up.

If I could afford it, I would do the decent thing and be honest.
    What difference does money make? Seriously, I fail to see why your financial status should have any affect on your sense of decency. She should go round there, and explain what she's done, and that she can't afford to get it fixed.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    She should go round there, and explain what she's done, and that she can't afford to get it fixed.

So what will that achieve exactly?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I agree that she should apologise and just say that she can't afford it, but the reality isn't as easy as the theory. It's much easier to take the moral ground when it's somebody else.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So what will that achieve exactly?

Maybe it might teach her to be a bit more careful next time she thinks about doing something.