Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have you ever been with a person in a relationship??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I havent, but know alot of my mates who have gone with married men and stuff.

My mate went with a lad who she thought was single, but when she found out he wasnt she still used to see him!!

Have any of you been with a person who was in a relationship? Are you still with them?! How did you feel?...... knowing that the person was cheating on their partner?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just curious!

Comments

• Options
    You mean have you ever been the third wheel on the bike?

Yes. It was a mistake, I lost a friend out of it. So when I did the same thing a second time I must have been doubly stupid.

The experience depends a lot on how the cheating party reacts. When she enjoyed it I enjoyed it, when she felt guilty I felt like a proper bastard.

My mates' girlfriends have a habit of falling for me. Charm or something.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    You mean have you ever been the third wheel on the bike?

Yeah, if you wanna put it like that :lol:
  • Options
    i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't even know it.
  • Options
    Yes. And it hurt a lot of people.

Never again.
  • Options
    I pulled a guy knowing he had a girlfriend. I felt so guilty the next day imagining how I would feel if it was my bloke cheating. Not happening again.

The lyrics of the verse (not the chorus) to the song 'Don't cha' by The Pussycat Dolls sums up the situation.
  • Options
    Nope. I'd really like to say I never would. But love can be very powerful.
  • Options
    the victim in these situations always seems to blame the 3rd wheel, but in my opinion i would be thanking them, for making me realise my partner was actually a cheat.

nobody is forcing the cheater to cheat with the 3rd wheel...

haha i love that..3rd wheel :lol:
  • Options
    Im terrible, was dating a guy, then cheated on him with his best friend. Dumped him, then dumped his best friend lol! Apparently this had happened to the poor guy before! I hope he dumped his friend! I was about 15 at the time, wouldnt do it again! Its my mums fault, i couldnt decide which guy i prefered so she said go out with both of them!
  • Options
    God i remember when i was like 16 and went back to some house party and was completely wasted and ended up pulling a guy while his girlfriend was asleep upstairs!! That was pretty low man!! I still feel guilty about it now, oh and i think she found out too! ooooh never again! :no:
  • Options
    Yeah i have but didn't sleep with them or anything, i didn't really feel bad about it but they broke up, she was cheating on him with his mate. I wouldn't do it again and i'm not proud.
  • Options
    I haven't and would like to think I never would but you might not necessarily even know about it.
  • Options
    I had a 3 month fling with a bloke that was married, (I didn't know it at the time) before I found out his wife was at home looking after their kids! I dumped him on the spot despite his "We don't love each other, we're just together coz of the kids" bullshit. I really felt for her for being with someone as devious and callous as that and not having a clue, and I felt guilty about it for ages afterwards til my fiends made me see it was him at fault, not me. :no:
  • Options
    No and I dont intend to! I wouldnt cheat on my bf ever! Maybe im weird, but id feel guilty even being tempted. Although, I can say others are attractive, but never have the desire to do anything.
  • Options
    billybob87 wrote:
    No and I dont intend to! I wouldnt cheat on my bf ever! Maybe im weird, but id feel guilty even being tempted. Although, I can say others are attractive, but never have the desire to do anything.

Same ere, I always like to think 'treat others how you'd like to be treated' I would hate it if I knew my fella had cheated on me, or even thought about it.
  • Options
    billybob87 wrote:

That's not the same question though is it?
  • Options
    Yes, I have.... I tend to think 'what she doesn't know can't hurt her' approach to being with guys with gf's. Yeah, rather horrible of me, but to be painfully honest it doesn't bother me that much.

I wouldn't if the girlfriend was a mate though. I do have some morals :lol:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yes, I have.... I tend to think 'what she doesn't know can't hurt her' approach to being with guys with gf's. Yeah, rather horrible of me, but to be painfully honest it doesn't bother me that much.

Ilora x

You naughty little minx!
  • Options

Ilora x
    Here's hoping it happens to you then :thumb:
  • Options
    No but I admit I've been tempted, when I was younger. I think girls who think it's okay to slut themselves around with another girl's boyfriend don't know the pain of being cheated on. And it's worrying when people say "you'd never know". Well if your relationship is strong enough you would know, because you can trust each other to be faithful, and tell the truth if you're not. Fair play to those who are honest about it and realise they've done wrong.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    nobody is forcing the cheater to cheat with the 3rd wheel...
    Well, yah. Having just realised that I've done it twice (well, sort of, the second time I did nowt more than flirt and I didn't know his girlfriend as well/at all as the first time), I remembered something the girl said to me after:

"I don't blame you, he's the one with the girlfriend".

Hm. I think it's utter bollocks, but she seems to believe it so I'm not complaining.
  • Options
    HunnyPot wrote:
    No but I admit I've been tempted, when I was younger. I think girls who think it's okay to slut themselves around with another girl's boyfriend don't know the pain of being cheated on. And it's worrying when people say "you'd never know". Well if your relationship is strong enough you would know, because you can trust each other to be faithful, and tell the truth if you're not. Fair play to those who are honest about it and realise they've done wrong.
    Yes, some do know the pain of being cheated on. as someone said earlier, love can be a hell of a lot stronger than we can EVER imagine. as can lust.
  • Options
    i was seeing a guy for about 4 months last summer who i knew had a girlfriend. he fed me all the shit about he isnt happy with her but they have been together so long he doesnt know how to end it etc etc. and at the time i believed it, or atleast told myself i did. but now i know it was all bollocks!
  • Options
    I don't think I could ever do that to anyone. I know how it feels just to have a girls repeatedly come on to my bf when I'm not around, and thats really upsetting in its self. If I found out that he had gone along with their requests, I think I wouldn't believe my life to be worth living anymore. He means too much to me.
  • Options
    I was sleeping with a married man for about 6 months, i suppose i just put it to the back of my mind and it made it quite exciting sneaking around and having to find new places to meet and everything. My view that he was in the wrong i just happened to fall for him, I still believe that really, he should have had more restraint as he was far more guilty than me.
  • Options
    I've never been with someone who was in a relationship.

Chris cheated on me with my best mate once.
  • Options
    Yeah I have - blocked out fact that she had bf.....Was hard though as he was about 8/9 years older then me and use to beat up his gf. Although she was hardly a good girl so maybe they were right for each other!

I wouldn't do it again though as not worth the hassle. I'm a :angel: now :yeees:
  • Options
    ginner wrote:

My mates' girlfriends have a habit of falling for me. Charm or something.

I can relate to this completely, it was a bad idea when I did it, and it still will be a bad idea any time I even contemplate doing anything with one of my mates girlfriends.
    I lost one of my best mates ( understandably ) , but he did forgive me as we were both very drunk ( no excuse I know ), we aren't exactly on bad terms, but we're not on good.
    The fact that I basically took his previous girlfriend aswell ( complete accident, she just fell for me in a bad way, and kind of became obsessive, like to add I did nothing with her either ) doesn't even begin to portray what he must have been feeling after he found out about that one..

So the logistics of what I just said : Its a bad idea
  • Options
    Yes I have. Twice.

One of my flat mates brothers came to stay during first year of uni, he was gorgeous, and a bit of a bad boy. I flirted a little which my mate noticed and told me he had a girlfriend so i stopped but when he continued to chat me up I ignored the fact and if I'm honest it made me feel good about myself that this really fit guy wanted me even tho he had a gf. At the time. The next day i was glad i didnt sleep with him (could have) but I didnt really feel too bad for his gf as i didnt know her, now i do though. At the time i hadnt yet had a proper relationship, now i have i realise how shit what we both did was on her.

Second time i didnt know he had a gf until i met her the next day! He was a mate of a mate, i pulled him when out in a club and then he brought his gf to the pub with us the following day. I felt like telling her...but chickened out.
  • Options
    I tend to meet more women that are married/attached than are single...

Strange, but it doesn't bother me. If their relationship isn't enough for them, well, it's ain't my problem.