Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Finally Over.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So we finally did the right thing and split up. Thing is,whilst I'm very very upset and it's killing me to see him even look at another girl, I'm also quite relieved. :(

There's a night out on Saturday we might both be going to and I'm not sure wether to go and put myself through the agony of seeing him with other girls or go out with a friend from work and imagine what he's doing.

Any advice much appreciated :blush:

Comments

• Options
    this is a toughy, its hard to know exactly. i would go and try and enjoy myself. hes probably feeling the same way. you dont have to decide tonight, so see how you feel tomorrow. get your friends to go and try to enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    If you both have decided to break up thats a very mature decision to make with someone (rather than deciding by yourself) this goes to show you can communicate with the person... I would go on Saturday - look fabulous and if you spot him eyeing up women jut have a quiet but polite word in his ear to say that you'd rather he didnt as you find it disrespectful and makes you feel uncomfortable.

I think you're forgetting two very important things.

1. You both decided this and you will both feel the pain whether it be now of later - so dont worry about him looking at other girls high chance is he'll spend the whole night looking at you anyway!

2. You are now entitled to eye up people too. Yeah he's single but so are you! look forward to having fun and being able to be when and where you want to be...
  • Options
    aimz wrote:
    if you spot him eyeing up women jut have a quiet but polite word in his ear to say that you'd rather he didnt as you find it disrespectful and makes you feel uncomfortable.

I see your point but I know the response I would get would be "Yes,but you let me go so it's none of your business what I do. If you don't like it,look elsewhere."

He assume's I'll be out kissing other guys by Saturday anyway, he thinks I have that little respect for what we had. He thinks I'm a slut, which is how he will justify his actions.
  • Options
    It's a tough one, if you think you'll be looking at his every move all night, then is it worth puttin yourself through it??? :no:

But then again, try and forget him (I know its hard) but go out and enjoy yourself, you a singleton now so you can go and get some nice top totty! :thumb:
  • Options
    If you think it will do your head in, then dont go.
  • Options
    If you think it will do your head in, then dont go.
    :yes: quite.

If telling him it's making you uncomfortable won't work, then don't torture yourself sweetheart.
  • Options
    Yeah id stay away! Would be hard i think.
  • Options
    This might sound a bit harsh but it is not meant in such a way:

You are both in the same position and you both are going to move on.
    You cannot say to a person stop looking at him/her, personal freedom?

You are just having a hard time adjusting and becoming used to the change, it's not easy.

Sorry if it offends but thats my point of view.