Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

quality trainers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i need new trainers soon, my 4 year old dc's are sprouting major water leeks

Soo, i'd like to know of any good quality trainers that will last me a similar amount of time, have to be really comfy too, and im looking for something different than dcs this time as im getting bored

so far ive been looking at these babycham ones but im a little unsure about them, i like the colourful design but im not too sure about the whole babycham fawn thing. hmm

Comments

• Options
    I'm a Dunlop green flash girl myself. I have had 3 pairs now (when I'm old, I used to wear them when I was a child :p), two of them lasted about 2 years and I have had my current pair since January. They aren't too good in the rain though, as a downside.
  • Options
    another thumbs up for green flash here, they comfy and last an age, plus we get em for £12 from a local wholesale sports company through a pal who works there!

otherwise, ive got a pair of Sean Carter RBK Tennis that i love.
  • Options
    look on the office website. babychams, dunlops, converse everything
  • Options
    look on the office website. babychams, dunlops, converse everything

i dont suppose you could give me a link or something for that? ive tried googling it but end up with stuff about microsoft! and ive never even heard of office...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    green flash and converse are summer shoes. in the winter, you'll probably need a pair that are (a) warmer and (b) waterproof.

i've have a pair of duffs literally for years, and they're still kicking. also had som etnies for about a year, and they barely look worn. in my experience skate-type trainers last loads, loads longer than fashion trainers cause they're designed to take a beating,
  • Options
    thanks for the links moonacarnum and gwst :)

and yes kaffrin i agree about skater style trainers, they are so much comfier too.
  • Options
    I love my K-Swiss tongue-twisters, but they're not lasting very long. I've had them for about 3 weeks now, and they're starting too look a bit wrinkly.

I've got a pair of etnies, which I've had for 3 years, but aren't my style now, that still look brand new, even though I used to wear them for p.e., etc. They're not skater-shaped, more reebok classic-y, and they're royal blue with a white e.
  • Options
    Babycham trainers are rubbish to be honest. Mine lasted about a month before they were wrecked but started coming away at the heel the first time I wore them and gave me hefty blisters. Definatly not worth it :no: