Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sell or buy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering if were aloud to not sell stuff on here but like I would give someone my address and they could send money to me then i would send them the thing they wanted to buy. Are we aloud to do that?

Comments

• Options
    No.

You know this already.

Does it look like eBay?
  • Options
    What the fuck has this got to do with sex?

What you are asking is exactly the same as selling something, and you know it is.
  • Options
    jessica13 wrote:
    I was wondering if were aloud to not sell stuff on here but like I would give someone my address and they could send money to me then i would send them the thing they wanted to buy. Are we aloud to do that?

No, and the word you are looking for is "allowed".
  • Options

Maybe she's intending to sell herself? :yeees:
  • Options
    i was asked by an old man on faceparty if he could buy some worn tights from me :lol:
  • Options
    ok then........thank-you! i didn't know there are so many rude ppl. But hey w/e i was just asking. I didn't do anything! WOW! And FYI i posted it under sex bcuz thats where the most ppl r and maybe it had to do with sex! But u wouldn't know now would u...
  • Options
    jessica13 wrote:
    ok then........thank-you! i didn't know there are so many rude ppl. But hey w/e i was just asking. I didn't do anything! WOW! And FYI i posted it under sex bcuz thats where the most ppl r and maybe it had to do with sex! But u wouldn't know now would u...
    If it had anything at all to do with sex then it's illegal as well as against the board rules. If you're going to kick off and break the rules then you'll be banned.
  • Options
    If it had anything at all to do with sex then it's illegal as well as against the board rules. If you're going to kick off and break the rules then you'll be banned.

in her defence she could have a sex toy business, which would not be iillegal, albeit against thesite rules.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    in her defence she could have a sex toy business, which would not be iillegal, albeit against thesite rules.
    I'd entertain that as a possibility, if she wasn't 15.
  • Options
    I'd entertain that as a possibility, if she wasn't 15.

good point.
  • Options
    ok ok im sry guys! i got my snawer you all can let it go now....ok i didn't want to start this huge debate and stuff. Thank-you for answering my question but theres not need to bicker about it. :no:
  • Options
    I'm not wanting to be confrontational here, I've just read through the thread, can you tell me where it states that "selling is not allowed", maybe it's on the site somewhere, if it is could you direct me to the statement, I've looked on the faq's and the sex forum faq's and know where does it say it's forbidden to either give out personal information or to make offers for sale.

Plus looking through the list of posters replying to Jessica none of them were forum moderators, so why do they think they can decide on what is and isn't allowed on this site.

I'm just interested in your responces.
  • Options
    jessica13 wrote:
    ok ok im sry guys! i got my snawer you all can let it go now....ok i didn't want to start this huge debate and stuff. Thank-you for answering my question but theres not need to bicker about it. :no:

out of interest, what were you selling? was i right :yes:
  • Options
    Boozy wrote:
    I'm not wanting to be confrontational here, I've just read through the thread, can you tell me where it states that "selling is not allowed", maybe it's on the site somewhere, if it is could you direct me to the statement, I've looked on the faq's and the sex forum faq's and know where does it say it's forbidden to either give out personal information or to make offers for sale.

Plus looking through the list of posters replying to Jessica none of them were forum moderators, so why do they think they can decide on what is and isn't allowed on this site.

I'm just interested in your responces.
    3. Using these boards to post spam (unsolicited advertising) is not permitted.
    You're right, none of us are moderators. Most of us have been here a long time, and we've seen a lot of things. No, that doesn't mean we're better than anyone else, but it does mean that when we see something that is infringing the rules then we have a duty to report it. I don't think I can decide anything on here - I don't need to, because it's already been decided.
  • Options
    Incidentally, although you state you aren't trying to be confrontational, your choice of language seems to imply otherwise - "why do they think they can decide on what is and isn't allowed on this site" is insinuating that some members think they run the boards, and is therefore just asking for confrontation, surely?
  • Options
    This is a community of users, some who have been here for a long time. If they are implying something isn't allowed then its because they understand why it wouldn't be allowed.

They aren't making the rules up, but they spending the time to explain them to others, and as GWST pointed out, just saying you're not being confrontational doesn't stop your comments sounding exactly the opposite.

So, if this ain't clear - all spam is banned - which means you could never sell anything here, as any advertising of anything for sale without the prior agreement of TheSite.org and YouthNet UK would be against the forum rules.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    So, if this ain't clear - all spam is banned - which means you could never sell anything here, as any advertising of anything for sale without the prior agreement of TheSite.org and YouthNet UK would be against the forum rules.

The young lady wasn't trying to spam, and can you point out what it refers to advertising or offering items for sale.

I have had a quick look at the faq's etc and forum notes abnd can not see it mentioned, Would you like to point out where I can find that statement, and maybe a poste5r should have refered the young lady to that point so that she could have verified it herself.I think the posters attitude to the young lady was well out of order.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

people, do you realise JIm V is incharge of this place, so pretty much looking the boss in the mouth when you disagree with him
  • Options
    Incidentally, although you state you aren't trying to be confrontational, your choice of language seems to imply otherwise - "why do they think they can decide on what is and isn't allowed on this site" is insinuating that some members think they run the boards, and is therefore just asking for confrontation, surely?

Just because you have 4,000 posts why do you think your opinions carry more weight than anyone elses, do you own this board, if you don't then you have the same rights as everyone else, it was not me that was being confrontational.
  • Options
    Boozy wrote:
    Just because you have 4,000 posts why do you think your opinions carry more weight than anyone elses, do you own this board, if you don't then you have the same rights as everyone else, it was not me that was being confrontational.

coming from someone who is begining to seem immature, has 54 posts, and had been here since the earliest, the start of the month

ok so granted post count doesnt mean everything, after all, i used to trawl these message boards for about 3/4 months solidly before i signed up properly, but the length of time you have been signed up, does suggest an air of knowing how the place runs

and for your information, her opinions are backed up by the law of this land, the rules for this site, so saying something like you have just done, makes you look like an arrogant twit, not only have you directed comments like the ones i have quoted above, you directed them at a well liked and respected member of the boards, who's opinion would be equally as valid as if it came from you

so grow up thinking the big posters are picking on you, you just seem to take the excuse that because they are bigger than you, your behavious is excusable, it is not
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

her opinions are backed up by the law of this land, the rules for this site, so saying something like you have just done

Laws of the land ? what laws say you can't sell things ?
    Rules of the site, I asked where it states this in the site rules, I looked for something that said that, and I couldn't find it, I find your attitude very poor.

This is a community site, if the members start to jump down the troat of new members then thats a poor chow in my book.
  • Options
    Boozy wrote:
    It is you and you alone that is being aggressive and confrontational here. I've already stated that post count is meaningless and I do not think I own the boards. The rules are displayed perfectly clearly when you sign up to the forums - if you didn't read through what you were agreeing to then that is your problem.

You appear to have an attitude problem for some reason.
  • Options
    no, if i remember correctly, you are the one who kicked up the fuss after it had settled
    3. Using these boards to post spam (unsolicited advertising) is not permitted.
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26852

unsolicited advertising, also includes advertising items for sale, not supported by the moderators, and if it was, the origional poster would know about it, and would not have needed to ask
  • Options
    if it was cricket, it would be a six
    if it was a building it would be a mighty wall of bricks
    if it was racing, it indeed would be quick
    but tonight its tennis

game, set, match, to MrG
  • Options
    Jessica asked a very polite question
    jessica13 wrote:
    I was wondering if were aloud to not sell stuff on here but like I would give someone my address and they could send money to me then i would send them the thing they wanted to buy. Are we aloud to do that?[/QUOTE

Then Kermit comes on and tells her no, now if he had directed her to the quote in the forum rules, then that would have been fine.
    Kermit wrote:
    No.
    You know this already.
    Does it look like eBay?

Then Girl with sharp teeth swears, but still doesn't help Jessica with a direction to the forum rules
    What you are asking is exactly the same as selling something, and you know it is.

Then we have Mist saying no, and making fun of a spelling error
    Mist wrote:
    No, and the word you are looking for is "allowed".

Girl with sharp teeth now comes back says it's agianst forum rules, but still not quoting the section whereit states this, makes a statement about the law which cannot be substantiated, ( it could have been saucy seaside postcards , or Lingerie), then says that Jessica will be banned.

Now Mrs G, the person originally posting this thread, was a newish poster, apparently very young, in one of the messages it was said she was 15, now I would have thought if some of the older posters had just simply said something along the lines of "sorry Jessica, that would be against the rules, here is the rule for you to see for yourself", then maybe suggested another site that could have helped her prepaps. Then everything would have been fine.

She felt the posters had been rude and I agree with her.
    MrG wrote:
    no, if i remember correctly, you are the one who kicked up the fuss after it had settled

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26852

unsolicited advertising, also includes advertising items for sale, not supported by the moderators, and if it was, the origional poster would know about it, and would not have needed to ask
  • Options
    oh well boozy, you seem to have forgotten your rant about not been able to find a specific rule against it
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    oh well boozy, you seem to have forgotten your rant about not been able to find a specific rule against it
    As I said I looked in the faq's and in the specific sex forum rules, the link you gave me was to an obscure section which I didn't know existed, now all I'm saying is that if someone had posted that link when the original question wasasked, rather than saying it's against the rules, everybody would have been happy.
  • Options
    This is what I found when I looked at the sex forum guidelines, I later found there is a link from here to the section that refers to advertising, but it's not with these rules, you can't espect a newish poster to know every rule.

1. Please respect the opinions of others. Just because you don’t agree, doesn’t give you the right to make personal attacks on that person.

2. Racist, hateful, defamatory or otherwise illegal posts are not suitable.

3. If you feel the need to post quotes from other sources or sites, please also publish the URL of where you found it.

4. However, please don’t publish links to inappropriate websites (hateful, defamatory, illegal etc).

5. If you want to post photos, make them small, or just post the link. Large photos will be deleted.

6. We will ban people who continually refuse to work within these rules. If you don’t like it, there are plenty of other places to have your say on the web.
  • Options
    Perhaps you should read the whole of that FAQ?

To wit -

'Using these boards to post spam or to ask for help with projects, surveys or any other activity is not permitted without first obtaining permission from either jim@thesite.org or hannah@thesite.org.'

Spam is unsolicited advertising - and the offering of anything for sale would be unsolicited advertising.

and anyway - enough now...
  • Options
    And I must say that after re-reading this thread in the cold morning I'm a little disappointed with how people have responded to a genuine question (myself included).

Everyone has a right to ask a question about the rules here, especially new users, and it would be great if people could spend the time to explain them graciously.

I'll be changing the FAQs on all the forums next week to make our position clear on the selling of items through the boards and looking again at the rules covering the way new users are treated.

Since it may not be as clear as I thought it was let me explain - we don't believe the boards should be used to advertise or sell any product. We get a constant stream of these kinds of posts and they quickly overwhelm discussion boards - using PMs to do the same thing wouldn't be acceptable either - as this isn't a website like ebay that is able to provide the appropriate level of customer or business support to the oganised selling of any product.

However none of that allows people to be rude to you jessica and I'm sorry it came down that way.
This discussion has been closed.