Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Energy tablets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know the implications of taking energy tablets?

It doesnt seem to say much on the packet about side effects/quantities etc.

anyone had any experience?

Comments

• Options
    it's just glucose in most cases, and probably some e numbers... that said, if you take enough you'll get a sugar high and a bit of a headache when they ware off.

unless of course you're taking something with caffeene in, like pro-plus. In which case they should have sideeffects on them, seeing as too much caffeine is rather bad for your kidneys (I think).
  • Options
    its dextrose based - I take it that's sugar based being as tho it's an 'ose'? I take it that's not a particularly good thing? But taking them regularly wouldnt do a lot of damage would it as there are no warnings or anything on the packet
  • Options
    well its not recommended to take too much sugar for most people, as although they would cause a quick increase in blood sugar, it also would drop quickly, being that its a sugar base, so for long term energy, youre probably better off looking at low GI foods to keep you sustained for longer, if youre experiencing energy lows
  • Options
    When I go hiking sometimes I take a packet with me just for a little extra boost. There's no real health issues with them with the obvious exceptions of diabetics or people who are on a sugar regulated diet.
  • Options
    My boyfriends just started taking some ginsing tablets or some other name similar to that!? :p and they haven't really done anything, good or bad! But he's only been taking them a couple of days so it might take a while to get in the system or something i dunno. You are supposed to take 1 a day though, so if they were bad for you surely it would advice against this? Obviously the ones you're taking could be different though..
  • Options
    Ginseng is a herbal remedy, these are just sugar tablets usually with a vile citrus taste.

Ginseng: "there is not much clinical evidence to support an energy boosting effect"

As Mrs. Brite said, these just give an immediate rush of sugar, you should really find out why you are lacking in energy. These small temporary fixes do nothing but rot your teeth and wate your money.